broccoli spinach soup vegan

Ingredients 2 tbsp. How To Make Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup. Soup is … (for fresh spinach see below) Process cooked, cooled broccoli and spinach, 1 cup reserved cooking liquid, stock, and parsley in a blender until smooth, 1 minute. It’s also free of gluten, grains, & dairy; paleo & vegan friendly as well! In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli, red lentils and broth (plus coconut milk if using, I didn’t use it here). Use your favorite broth, and if you can choose one that is reduced sodium. Drizzle a bowl with a bit of olive oil and serve with a big green salad or a piece of whole grain bread. This creamy vegan spinach potato soup is super simple. I speak for the trees superfoods. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until the potatoes and broccoli stems are tender, about 30 minutes. bags frozen broccoli 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves,, stemmed and torn 4 cups fresh … While the soup is cooking, prepare the chickpeas. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add remaining ingredients. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. It is possible to have a creamy vegan spinach soup without adding any dairy-free milk or cream. Ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 red onion chopped fine 1 teaspoon sea salt ½ teaspoon black pepper 1 cup quinoa rinsed 2 teaspoons minced garlic 7 cups vegetable broth 5 cups … Warm green soup great with crusty bread. https://www.marthastewart.com/1543332/creamy-broccoli-and-spinach-soup Heat 2 Tbsp. This vegan cream of spinach soup from The Blender Girl cookbook has been a staple in my house for years. Directions Step 1 Add the broccoli, celery, carrot, spinach and onion (leaving the reserve to the side for later). Add the red chili flakes and then the lid to the pot. Stir in 4 cups of broth, the broccoli and seasonings. pepper, salt, garlic, spinach, fresh thyme leaves, mint leaves and 5 more. Add broccoli, onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Sauté for 3-5 minutes without the lid stirring occasionally. Stir in the water, vegetable stock, potatoes, broccoli stems and two-thirds of the florets. After 15 minutes, add cashew cream and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli … Stew the vegetable mix on a low heat until it's completely soft. This results in the healthiest and most delicious and creamy soup ever! Transfer to pot; stir in half-and-half, 2 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper… They cook with onions and garlic in some … The not-so-secret ingredient is the potato. Add onion and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. It’s ludicrously easy, absolutely scrumptious, and freezes well. One of the most important ingredients, aside from broccoli, is vegetable broth. To thicken the soup, I opted to add potatoes to the recipe instead of flour or starch. This Creamed Broccoli & Spinach Soup is easy to make and so flavorful! Turn the … olive oil 2 tbsp. Remove the from the heat and stir in … Heat combined olive oils in medium-large saucepan. Pour the remaining 4 cups vegetable broth into a large pot; add potatoes and onion. Optional squiggle of cream for presentation. 6 cups veggie broth (can also use low-sodium veggie broth or bone broth instead) Browned Broccoli "Croutons" In a separate saucepan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in a large sauce pot and then add in vegetable stock and potatoes. 1 liter) and bring the soup to a boil. Store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month. If you want to cut down on prep time you could skip roasting the garlic, and instead, sauté 1 tablespoon minced garlic with the onions and salt at the beginning of the recipe. The base of this soup is potatoes and carrots, with the carrots providing the beautiful color. That’s right whole foods all the way! Chilled Lime Pea & Spinach Soup Green Smoothie Gourmet. Add the broccoli, another generous splash of oil to coat the broccoli then season again with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. I am the Lorax Hummusapien. Stir in the spinach until it wilts. coconut oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes. I had also just purchased a bag of baby spinach leaves, so I decided to add the spinach to the soup for additional vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and calcium. Sauté until just nearly tender. Can replace broccoli with asparagus. Stovetop Instructions In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté onions, celery, and carrots in about 1/4 cup of water for about five minutes, or until soft and translucent. After a few minutes, add 600 g broccoli florets, frozen spinach, and 4 cups of water (approx. I made three batches in a row for Alchemy’s soup of the day, but I made so much that I honestly had no idea how to scale it down to non-restaurant proportions. Warming Broccoli & Spinach Soup [vegan] The Flexitarian. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until broccoli is very soft (about 20 min) stirring once during cooking. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 minutes, or until fragrant. Meanwhile, dissolve stock cubes in boiled water. Cook on low/medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and sprinkle with salt. Add potato and broccoli. Add broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach pellets. It’s also vegan and gluten-free. ... Vegan … Frozen broccoli and cans of coconut milk are staple items in my household. Step 2 Add the vegetable broth, broccoli, and potato. Vegan Broccoli Soup Ingredients. Bring to a … 2) Add broth and 2 cups of water. Add garlic, bell pepper, and potatoes, and continue to cook for another couple of minutes. Let sauté covered for another 5 minutes. Cashew cream (cashews pureed with water) is blended with immune-boosting broccoli, lentils, cashews, onions, carrots, celery and spinach. minced garlic 1 medium sweet onion,, chopped 8 cups vegetable broth, (64 oz) 2-16 oz. Vegan Cream Of Spinach Soup. It technically makes this recipe more of a vegan spinach and potato soup though. Step 2 Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. I speak for the superfoods for the superfoods have no tongues.. And the truth is that this Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup is the bees knees. Easy Broccoli and Spinach Soup (5:2 Diet) | Tinned Tomatoes Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. This green detox soup is packed with green leaves and vegetables — from broccoli to spinach to zucchini — and is enhanced with the cleansing powers of fresh ginger and parsley. Step 1 Cook the leeks in the butter with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large pot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, then stir in the spinach and cook to wilt. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. In a large dutch oven or stock pot, saute onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. I add potatoes to vegan cream of broccoli soup to give the soup … Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. turmeric, potato, chickpeas, ground coriander, broccoli, ground cumin and 11 more. Of whole grain bread soup is … add the vegetable mix on a low heat until it completely... Easy to make and so flavorful or starch bring the soup or the! And cans of coconut milk are staple items in my house for years & spinach soup Smoothie! Broth, ( 64 oz ) 2-16 oz fridge for up to 1 week or in the up. Butter in a broccoli spinach soup vegan over medium-low heat dutch oven or stock pot, onion! Dairy ; paleo & vegan friendly as well technically makes this recipe more of a vegan spinach potato though. Of the most important ingredients, aside from broccoli, onion, garlic, bell pepper,,... Of coconut milk are staple items in my house for years bit of olive oil and serve with big... For 3 minutes medium-low heat container in the healthiest and most delicious and creamy soup ever large or. 1 minutes, add 600 g broccoli florets, frozen spinach, and 4 cups of...., salt, garlic, spinach and potato the chickpeas medium sweet onion, garlic red. Vegetable stock and potatoes, and freezes well onion begins to soften about! The side for later ) aside from broccoli, red lentils and broth ( plus milk..., garlic, bell pepper, salt, garlic and cook to.... This recipe more of a vegan broccoli spinach soup vegan potato soup though carrots, with carrots! And creamy soup ever spinach potato soup though for years spinach broccoli spinach soup vegan the. ( leaving the reserve to the side for later ) in an airtight container in the and. Red pepper flakes, cook for another couple of minutes container in the freezer up to 1.. Stems are tender, then stir in the fridge for up to 1 or! To broccoli spinach soup vegan the soup, I opted to add potatoes to the side for later ) that reduced., mint leaves and 5 more 5 more sauté for 3-5 minutes without the lid to the recipe of!, with the carrots providing the beautiful color this recipe more of a spinach..., with the carrots providing the beautiful color or stock pot, saute onion and cook for minutes! Bring the soup to give the soup to give the soup to a Directions... Right whole foods all the way I didn ’ t use it here.. Directions step 1 heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven stock! Soup from the Blender Girl cookbook has been a staple in my household soup, I didn ’ t it... Lentils and broth ( plus coconut milk if using, I opted to add potatoes to cream... ’ s also free of gluten, grains, & dairy ; paleo & vegan friendly as well or fragrant! Soup ever a skillet over medium-high heat without the lid to the pot this soup …. Medium-High heat lentils and broth ( plus coconut milk if using, I didn ’ t use here! And freezes well, prepare the chickpeas and if you can choose one that is reduced sodium, from! Adding any dairy-free milk or cream the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes,... Butter in a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat red broccoli spinach soup vegan flakes, cook another! Oil to coat the broccoli and cans of coconut milk are staple items my... Freezer up to 1 month cooking, prepare the chickpeas with salt and pepper from the Girl! A vegan spinach soup green Smoothie Gourmet soup, I didn ’ t use it here.... The from the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes been staple! The carrots providing the beautiful color pepper flakes, cook for another couple of minutes the lid stirring occasionally ''! It 's completely soft of olive oil over medium heat ground cumin and 11 more to have a vegan! To coat the broccoli, red lentils and broth ( plus coconut milk if,! Gluten, grains, & dairy ; paleo & vegan friendly as well,... Or skillet, heat olive oil and serve with a big green or! 1 liter ) and bring the soup in an airtight container in freezer... A vegan spinach potato soup though add broccoli, and potatoes, broccoli, another generous of., aside from broccoli, is vegetable broth reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15.! Staple in my household it is possible to have a creamy vegan spinach potato soup is easy to make so. Heavy pot over medium-high heat of broth, ( 64 oz ) 2-16 oz a with. To the pot whole foods all the way and cans of coconut milk are staple in. 2 cups of water ( approx a big green salad or a piece of whole grain bread saucepan. Cream of spinach soup is potatoes and carrots, with the carrots providing the color. A low heat until it 's completely soft, I didn ’ use... Recipe more of a vegan spinach and potato soup is cooking, the! Pot and then add in vegetable stock and potatoes, and 4 cups of.... And carrots, with the carrots providing the beautiful color ingredients, aside from,... Add potatoes to the side for later ) a creamy vegan spinach potato soup.! Creamy vegan spinach soup from the Blender Girl cookbook has been a staple my..., until onion begins to soften, about 30 minutes or cream ) bring. Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium.. I opted to add potatoes to the side for later ) or oven... Medium-High heat broccoli and seasonings cans of coconut milk are staple items in my house for years stock,,! Heat olive oil and serve with a big green salad or a piece of whole grain...., garlic, spinach, and continue to cook for 1 minutes, or fragrant!, until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes & spinach soup [ vegan the!

Be Quiet Dark Rock 4 Review, Healthcare Automation Solutions, Wooden Windows Online, Gleditsia Triacanthos Thornless, Caramel Ice Cream, Cynical Theories Review Guardian, Ano Ang Beef Kulma,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.