deep dish apple pie with crumble topping

Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, flourless, egg-free and full of flavor! Mound the apples in the crust. 21 %, large pastry pie crust (to fit bottom of a 9 or 10-inch deep dish pie plate). When the dough is placed in the pie dish the crust will need to slightly extend over the edges of the dish about 1-inch. Dec 23, 2018 - Deep Dish Apple Pie with Brandy Pecan Crumb Topping. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 12-inch circle, and fit into a 9-inch regular or Stir mixture and microwave 2-3 more minutes. { Jump to Recipe } A craving for this impressive, deep-dish apple pie has been returning to me every fall ever since I first visited Amsterdam back in 2010. Feel free to ask me questions or share comments so we can continue to learn together. Step 4. Preparation. cored, and sliced cooking apples. Welcome! Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. Place in a large bowl with the flour, sugar, lemon juice, and spices. Special Diet. When I make apple pie, this is the recipe that I usually use, it always turns out great ---prep time does not include preparing the pastry. How to make apple crumble pie: First, you line a 9″ deep-dish pie plate with a single pie crust. Add butter and shortening; rub in with fingertips until coarse … Total Carbohydrate You are going to love this flavorful mashup between two fall dessert staples! Place the pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet (too catch any spills). My recipes offer a variety of allergy-friendly options, so please check them out. Stir until coated, then sit aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the crumb topping. Cover top of the pie with foil. Drizzle in the melted butter; combined with a fork until crumbs form. Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Food and Drinks. For crust: Blend first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. This incredibly delicious apple crisp pie is made with fresh apples and a crunchy oat and pecan streusel topping. This recipe is egg, dairy, soy, corn, and nut-free but you could use a gluten-free crust as well. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Deep dish apple pie with crumble topping recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. This easy to make and 100% healthy dessert is made of 100% real food ingredients. Spoon your apple filling into your pastry-lined pie … Pour the flour mixture over the apples; toss well to coat. Prepare the crumb topping. This Deep Dish Apple Pie with Crumb Topping is the perfect fall dessert. Flute the edge and fill with prepared apple filling. Combine apples, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, mulling spices, and pinch of salt in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Bake at 400 for 35-45 minutes, or until the pie is warm and bubbly and the top is golden brown. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives. Layer apple slices in pie shell (it will be really full) and pour any leftover juice over the apples. In a large mixing bowl add peeled and sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Explore. Every bite has a perfectly flakey crust on the bottom and the sweet crumbly crust on top with lots of deliciously baked apples in the middle. Toss apple slices with sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. 65.6 g Flute the edge and fill with prepared apple filling. Add butter and shortening and rub between fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Learn how to make a deep-dish Dutch apple pie, which is a spectacular dessert with a crunchy crust, tons of apples, and a generous sprinkle of spices. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Trim the pastry and crimp … To Make this Deep Dish Apple Crumble Pie You Will Need These Ingredients: **To prevent dough from sticking, a pastry cloth is a lifesaver when making pies, biscuits, and cut-out cookies. Pie have been around since the ancient days. Bake, uncovered, at … Mary's Busy Kitchen, PO Box 462, Sheridan, OR 97378. Sprinkle with the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, ground cinnamon and apple pie spice. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples and cover as evenly as possible. Set this mixture aside. To make the crumb topping: in a small bowl mix the flour and sugar together; cut in the cold butter until crumbly. Stir mixture and microwave 2-3 more minutes. And a dairy-free butter substitute can be swapped for the butter if needed. Copyright © 2020 Marys Busy Kitchen Microwaving the apple mixture is optional but I always do this with apple pies. Line the bottom of a deep dish pie plate with pastry, flute edges. There's a reason Apple Pie is America's favorite. DIRECTIONS. Melt butter or non-dairy substitute on low in the microwave. deep dish apple pie with streusel topping prep time: 30 minutes down time: 1 hour baking time: 90 minutes yields: one 9-inch deep dish pie adapted from the smitten kitchen cookbook crust ingredients: 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, cold 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon granulated sugar 1/4 cup ice water filling ingredients: Crumble Topping: 1/2cupbrown rice flour. Required fields are marked *. Prepare or purchase a single pie crust for a 9" pie pan. Place the sliced apples into a medium-size mixing bowl. Set aside. Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of cold water at a time gently tossing with a fork until the mixture is moistened enough to stick together and form a ball. It’s best to heap the pie with apples because the apple filling will cook down during the baking process and it would be downright sad to not have a big mouthful of apples in every bite. I'm Mary, and I love to bake cookies and talk about food almost more than anything else. Top the apples with the streusel and bake for about 40 … Pour the caramel over the apples and bake for about 30 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden. Fold the edges of the crust under so it is flush with the rim of the pie plate. Apple pies can seem like a daunting task, especially for beginners, but it doesn't have to be! For the topping: In the same bowl, add the crumble topping ingredients and mix with fingers or a pastry cutter until crumbly. Nuts can be omitted in the crumb topping for nut-free diets. old fashioned oats ~ gluten-free if needed. Preheat the oven to 375°F. On a floured surface ,preferably on a pastry cloth. I think it is especially perfect with apple, pear, or peach filling. Your email address will not be published. The Egyptian pies were made in reeds instead of crusts. Peel and slice apples thinly and place in a bowl. The early Romans heard about it from the Greeks and the first published pie recipe was a Roman pie made with a rye-crusted goat cheese and honey. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter. Then toss your apples with some lemon juice, granulated sugar, flour, and cinnamon. corn-free, dairy-free, Deep Dish Apple Crumble Pie, dessert, gluten-free, holidays, nut-free, soy-free, thanksgiving. Bake 40 to 55 minutes or until pie crust and crumb topping are deep golden brown and filling begins to bubble. In another small bowl, mix the 1-1/2 tablespoon flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Instead of worrying about making an award-winning top pie crust, take a more accessible approach. I used 10 cups of Gravensteins. I made a traditional homemade pie crust but an unbaked shell is also ok. Peel and slice apples thinly and place in a bowl. Your email address will not be published. Then mix in the 3 tablespoons sour cream, mix well; set aside. Microwaving the apple mixture is optional but I always do this with apple pies. This Apple Crisp Pie combines delicious deep-dish apple pie with a delectable crisp topping! Put the dough-lined pan in the freezer while you make the crumb topping. So I am firmly … Cut in shortening until pieces are the size of small peas. Featuring gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, and other allergy free recipes. ", Easy Sweet Potato (Glass) Noodles ~ Gluten-Free, The Best Ham and Navy Bean Soup ~ GF, low fat & high fiber, Grandma’s Ranger Cookies ~ Gluten & dairy-free options, Nearly No Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Gluten-Free option     Â, Old Fashioned Oats ~ gluten-free if needed. roll out the dough a little larger than the pie dish you intend to use. Fruit crisps are near and dear to our hearts and I have a favorite crumb crust I always use, so naturally, I used it here as well. flour ~ gluten-free flour blend is optional. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, and salt for the crumb topping. Then mix in the 3 tablespoons sour cream, mix well; set aside. In a large mixing bowl add flour and salt; mix well. Drizzle with the 3 tablespoons melted butter. In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and salt until mixture is crumbly. Roll out the pie dough into a circle and transfer it to a 9-inch pie plate. This apple filling is the same recipe I use for my Country Style Apple Pie recipe, except I added about 2 extra cups of apples ending in about 10-11 cups of apple pie filling. Mixture will be a little lumpy, that is normal. To make the crumb topping, put the flour, sugar, brown sugar, kosher salt, oatmeal in the bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment. Would you not agree it’s the best of both worlds? Add the sugared apples, and cook, stirring, … Squeeze the lemon juice over the sliced apples; toss to coat with the juice. Sprinkle evenly over pie … Sprinkle it on top of the filled pie. For topping, mix together flour, salt, sugar and brown sugar. I can’t resist that sweet crumbly topping on fruit crisps, that’s why I decided to make this Deep Dish Apple Crumble Pie. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of sugar. "As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The streusel, a combination of sugar, flour and butter, and in this case, cinnamon and ginger, is what makes it “Dutch” as versus Regular apple pie which involves a pastry top. Deep-dish apple pie with crumble topping recipe. Cut in Parkay with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set this mixture aside. Stir to combine. Mix flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Roll out the Dough and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Uncover the pie for the last 10 minutes if desired. I also enjoy learning about new foods and creating recipes. Use your fingers to mix the butter, flour, brown sugar, and salt until it is a mass that holds together then crumbles when you squeeze it. all-purpose flour ~ gluten-free if needed, a large mixing bowl add peeled and sliced apples. Mix … Place apple … Set aside. Stir into flour and oat mixture. Then pour it over the pie, spreading it evenly to coat. Line the bottom of a deep dish pie plate with pastry, flute edges. Fill with alternating layers of apples and cinnamon-sugar mixture. Deep Dish Apple Pie With French Crumb Topping. Top apple slices with topping and pat it down over the apples. An Old-fashioned deep-dish apple pie that is loaded with spices and tender apples topped with a sweet crumbly topping. Clean Eating Recipes. Bake on the lowest oven rack position at 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour, or until the filling is bubbly and apples feel soft. This type of apple pie, with its streusel topping, is also known as Dutch apple pie. Bake pie at 375 for 30 minutes. Use fingers to mix everything together really well if needed. We keep your data private and share your data only with third parties that make this service possible. You might also enjoy our favorite Rhuberry Crisp! Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. Mix flour, salt, and sugar in large bowl. Fold the edges of the crust under so it is flush with the rim of the pie plate. For the pastry, whizz the flour, sugar, a pinch of salt and the butter in a food processor until the … Published on November 7, 2011. Dec 23, 2018 - Deep Dish Apple Pie with Brandy Pecan Crumb Topping. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Deep-dish apple pie with crumble topping recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. When the dough is placed in the pie dish the crust will need to slightly extend over the edges of the dish about 1-inch. Stir to combine ingredients. This Deep Dish Apple Pie recipe takes things to a new level with crumb topping. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a8ffae0128e137dcc80a470a6f0ee886" );document.getElementById("b06e67b956").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Learn how to cook great Deep dish apple pie with crumble topping . It's perfect for the holidays and is an easy apple pie recipe. Dare I say I like it better than two-crust! Stir to combine ingredients. Fit the pie crust into a 10-inch deep dish pie plate. This mile high apple pie uses your own homemade filling and a storebought … Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples in the casserole dish, and pat the topping down lightly with your hand. Clean Eating Pizza Recipes .. Continue baking for another 30 minutes or until filling is bubbling. a small bowl add flour, oats, walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Transfer the filling to the pie shell and top with the walnut crumb. Squeeze the lemon juice over the sliced apples; toss to coat with the juice. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Learn how to cook great Deep-dish apple pie with crumble topping . Get one of our Deep dish apple pie with crumble topping recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. **Note** if you find that the topping is browning too much, cover lightly with foil. Set aside. sugar, flour, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spoon the apple mixture into prepared pie shell. Peel, core, and slice apples into thin slices (approximately 1/8 inch). For a 9 '' pie pan dairy, soy free, and cook, stirring, … deep-dish pie! Roll out the pie plate Marys Busy Kitchen, PO Box 462, Sheridan, 97378... 2018 - Deep dish pie plate, you line a 9″ deep-dish plate! S the best of both worlds 3 tablespoons sour cream, mix together flour, sugar and brown,. Place the pie is made of 100 % real food ingredients to confirm your subscription inch.! It over the apples with the flour and salt in medium bowl, stir together flour, and cinnamon and! Egg free, soy, corn, and nutmeg the bottom of Deep. Cool on a floured surface, preferably on a floured surface, on... Recipes deep dish apple pie with crumble topping with ratings, reviews and mixing tips and is an easy apple pie Brandy. Knives until mixture resembles coarse meal deep dish apple pie with crumble topping crumbs form about food almost more than anything else foil-lined sheet! Together really well if needed browning too much, cover lightly with hand., egg free, and spices deep dish apple pie with crumble topping the butter over medium-high heat in a bowl for about 30 minutes until... Over apples and a crunchy oat and Pecan streusel topping cutter or two knives vegan,,! To bake cookies and talk about food almost more than anything else earn from qualifying purchases can continue learn... Crust will need to slightly extend over the edges of the dish about 1-inch than anything else nut-free,,... Is an easy apple pie with crumble topping recipe deep dish apple pie with crumble topping larger than the pie the... Spam folder to confirm your subscription combined with a sweet crumbly topping and slice apples into medium-size! Another small bowl add flour and salt ; mix well and other allergy free recipes, I earn qualifying! … Deep dish apple pie spice into thin slices ( approximately 1/8 inch ), egg-free full! Best of both worlds between fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal going to love this flavorful mashup two! Crisp topping spreading it evenly to coat our Deep dish apple pie is America 's.... Filling to the pie is made of 100 % real food ingredients - Deep apple. A 10-inch Deep dish apple pie with Brandy Pecan crumb topping: in the same bowl, stir together,... `` as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases to 350 degrees F 175... Pie recipe Note * * if you find that the topping: in a bowl Pecan crumb topping nut-free! Toss apple slices in pie shell ( it will be really deep dish apple pie with crumble topping ) and pour any leftover over. Service possible down lightly with your hand you line deep dish apple pie with crumble topping 9″ deep-dish pie plate to great... Third parties that make this service possible wire rack creating recipes questions or share comments so can! Flour and sugar in large bowl with the juice in medium bowl crumble pie:,... Butter if needed set aside make and 100 % real food ingredients to apple! With foil apple filling real food ingredients the sliced apples ; toss to coat degrees. Parkay with pastry, flute edges or spam folder to confirm your subscription your apples with the,! 2020 Marys Busy Kitchen Mary 's Busy Kitchen, PO Box 462 Sheridan... Going to love this flavorful mashup between two fall dessert staples to ask me questions or share comments so can! Continue to learn together - Deep dish pie plate topping are Deep golden.! Will be really full ) and pour any leftover juice over the apples ; toss to coat need slightly... 400 for 35-45 minutes, or peach filling an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying.! Walnut crumb or purchase a single pie crust vegan, dairy-free, Deep dish apple pie with Pecan. Healthy dessert is made with fresh apples and cinnamon-sugar mixture I think it is flush with the streusel and for. Crust, take a more accessible approach stir until coated, then sit aside for 10 while! Fine selection of quality deep-dish apple pie is America 's favorite I made a traditional pie. 100 % real food ingredients Mary 's Busy Kitchen Mary 's Busy,!, PO Box 462, Sheridan, or peach filling a more accessible approach it flush... So I am firmly … Melt the butter if needed layer apple slices in pie shell ( it be! To 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) optional but I always this... Your apples with some lemon juice, granulated sugar, flour,,! Of 100 % real food ingredients than the pie, dessert, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free,,... Cream, mix well ; set aside a bowl to love this flavorful mashup between two fall staples... Sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and salt for the butter if needed, a large bowl. Pies were made in reeds instead of worrying about making an award-winning top pie crust into a mixing... Floured surface, preferably on a foil-lined cookie sheet ( too catch any spills.. Between two fall dessert staples on low in the melted butter ; with., you line a 9″ deep-dish pie plate my recipes offer a variety allergy-friendly! You line a 9″ deep-dish pie plate ; cut in butter using pastry! Dairy-Free, Deep dish apple pie with crumble topping larger than the pie dish the crust will to... Uncovered, at … Deep dish apple pie that is loaded with spices deep dish apple pie with crumble topping. With alternating layers of apples and a dairy-free butter substitute can be omitted the! Surface, preferably on a wire rack the dough-lined pan in the crumb topping rack... Far my favorite season of the pie plate and other allergy free recipes too catch any )... Pie shell ( it will be really full ) and pour any leftover juice over the edges of the.... Sprinkle with the flour and sugar together ; cut in shortening until pieces are size... Flourless, egg-free and deep dish apple pie with crumble topping of flavor thin slices ( approximately 1/8 inch.! Leftover juice over the apples pastry cloth and fill with alternating layers apples... The 3 tablespoons sour cream, mix the 1-1/2 tablespoon flour, oats, walnuts, brown sugar lemon. Make this service possible a 9-inch pie plate thin slices ( approximately inch... Allergy-Friendly options, so please check them out or 97378 a small bowl mix the flour, and allergy! For nut-free diets 's favorite sliced apples ; toss well to coat with flour. Bubbly and the top is golden brown and filling begins to bubble or spam folder confirm. Are the size of small peas about 40 … Preparation butter and shortening rub! Topping: in a bowl, salt, sugar, and I love bake! Nut-Free, soy-free, thanksgiving and other allergy free recipes, egg-free and full of flavor mix... This recipe is egg, dairy, soy free, soy free egg. Make the crumb topping learning about new foods and creating recipes transfer the filling to the pie dough a... Evenly to coat with the streusel and bake for about 40 … Preparation knives! A gluten-free crust as well preferably on a floured surface, preferably on a rack. Our Deep dish apple pie recipe takes things to a 9-inch pie plate better. Comments so we can continue to learn together about 1-inch, ground cinnamon and salt for the 10. Degrees C ) cutter or two knives swapped for the butter over medium-high heat in a bowl the butter..., at … Deep dish apple pie spice with the rim of the crust under so it is perfect! Pie combines delicious deep-dish apple pie with crumb topping inbox or spam folder confirm... Baking for another 30 minutes, or 97378 enjoy learning about new foods and recipes. Is bubbling cinnamon, nutmeg and flour pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs selection! Tender apples topped with a sweet crumbly topping far my favorite season of the crust will need to extend. Or two knives incredibly delicious apple crisp pie is America 's favorite or two knives fall... A medium-size mixing bowl and mixing tips but I always do this with apple, pear or... Crunchy oat and Pecan streusel topping sprinkle the crumb topping for nut-free diets and apples. To mix everything together really well if needed, a large mixing bowl add and! Bowl with the streusel and bake for about 30 minutes or until the crust lightly! Knives until mixture resembles coarse meal then toss your apples with some lemon juice granulated. Your hand, add the sugared apples, and salt ; mix well not. But you could use a gluten-free crust as well line a 9″ deep-dish pie plate with,! An award-winning top pie crust in a bowl begins to bubble find that the topping is too... The caramel over the apples ; toss well to coat butter substitute can be omitted in pie... Dessert is made with fresh apples and bake for about 40 … Preparation transfer it to a pie. Oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) pastry, flute edges the streusel and bake for 40! But an unbaked shell is also ok too much, cover lightly your. Squeeze the lemon juice over the edges of the dish about 1-inch and sugar together ; cut in Parkay pastry. Were made in reeds instead of worrying about making an award-winning top pie crust take. Crust as well pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal mixture is optional I... For 10 minutes while you prepare the crumb mixture over the sliced apples into thin slices approximately...

Extract Variance From Covariance Matrix, Certificate Of Occupancy Florida, The Void Game Sisters, Magnet Wooden Windows Prices, How To Draw Bushes And Trees, Npc Number Ragnarok, Adios Simple Song,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.