fedora cinnamon wayland

There were a healthy handful of Unity 8 fans, calling for its GA, and more than a few HackerNews comments lamenting the end of Unity in this thread. And yes, the Wayland move will be a difficult move. We're definitely not focused on the bleeding edge of development, unless it overlaps what we think our users want and is reasonably stable. For now adoption of Cinnamon to Wayland would make sense only if Mint was based on some bleeding edge or rolling release distro (at least not on Debian Stable with its necroversions of software and not on LTS Ubuntu, which becomes outdated after a half year after release). it is a very fast GUI and uses less cpu and ram than gnome. This is not to say we don't care about users running Cinnamon on other distros, but their desires or expectations are probably very different from the average Mint user, as well as their experience level or willingness to tinker with stuff. That said, this would be a huge WIP and there's no internal need for it here in the scope of Mint, so work on this would be driven by the distributions which need that support. A list of resources is available at the Fedora “Get Help” page. Right now for us (for me at least especially) it comes down to manpower vs payoff - if we dictate from On High that we will support wayland in some future release, someone needs to actually work on that. Spins with GNOME (the default workstation edition), KDE Plasma, LXQt, Cinnamon and Xfce are available. Cinnamon is the principal desktop environment of the Linux Mint distribution and is available as an optional desktop for other Linux distributions and other Unix-like operating systems as well.. Now, maybe the non-Mint users (like myself) should be making pressure on ours distros side to help Cinnamon team to support Wayland. to your account, Well, you're basically the DE everyone wants supporting Wayland. On a pc with hybrid video, you must use Gnome on Xorg to let the Prime or Optimus technology work After installing a number of alternative desktops and trying them all for a couple hours each, I finally settled on using Cinnamon until Plasma is patched and stable. (And later make a pull request). Pro. Users and developers are available in the #fedora-cinnamon IRC channel on irc.freenode.org for real-time chat. Wayland in GNOME 3.20 is fully working, but it does not yet have support for Wacom tablets. I will keep an eye on these during my experiments! Provides LTS (long term support) versions. It is also released in various editions: Desktop, Server, CoreOs, and IoT for the internet of things devices and robots. Organize your schedule with the included Lightning calendar application. But yeah I prefer Cinnamon, so it would be fantastic to see it run as a Wayland session. 3.2 NVIDIA 450.80.02 drivers on Fedora 33 KDE with Kernel 5.9.8. Click the options you like to change and choose the settings that make you happy. Users and developers are also available on the mailing list at users@lists.fedoraproject.org. Any news to this? Going back to the main topic, it's not our role to decide whether Wayland is going to be a success or not. Neben Fedora hatte auch Canonical den Schritt zu Wayland als Standard mit Ubuntu 17.10 »Artful Aardvark« vollzogen, ging aber mit dem langzeitunterstützten Ubuntu 18.04 »Bionic Beaver« wieder einen Schritt zurück und lieferte X11 als Standard aus und stellte Wayland … The main purpose of wayland isn't the ability of multi dpi, nor the tear free rendering. 21,5GB de disco (em ssd) CPU 8 cores (i7 4790k) Telas iniciais. Fedora 33 comes with GNOME 3.38, LLVM 11, Python 3.9, Mesa 20.2 and Linux 5.8. The issue comes from mixing HiDPI and non-HiDPI monitors. Por si acaso, X11 continúa disponible para quien lo necesite. GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together. Fedora is close to getting Wayland by default, there are few interesting related links: Although it still can change, they are aiming at achieving that. It was obvious in Gnome but not Cinnamon. Shotwell is an easy-to-use, fast photo organizer and editor. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. Communicate with the world via IRC, AIM, MSN, Yahoo and other instant messaging systems. Phoronix: Fedora 30 Wayland vs. X.Org Graphics Benchmarks On GNOME Shell In the run up to the Ubuntu 19.04 release I ran various gaming/graphics benchmarks looking at different desktops and X.Org vs. Wayland sessions. But that doesn't mean you should not do it. @clefebvre, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on support in Cinnamon for multiple monitors with different DPIs (specifically relevant as Wayland offers different options over GTK). It's an awesome DE, used in many distros, Cinnamon is great :) So, adding support to Wayland sooner rather than later would be really good. If, for example, Fedora wants to switch their default Gnome session to Wayland there's nothing in Cinnamon or Xfce or Mate etc. Fedora Labs is a selection of curated bundles of purpose-driven software and content as curated and maintained by members of the Fedora Community. Wonderful. In fact, Wayland (which is a required dependence for GNOME since 3.18) with its totally different architecture is on the way to take is place, and Fedora Project, while like most software it still has some bugs, think it’s time to give it a chance to serve users. Most Wayland compositors only work on systems using Kernel mode setting. When it comes to graphical stack we've got polkit as a proper mechanism for handling super privileges and I think this is what should be done in this case as well. Sooner or later this will have to be addressed - if for no other reason than the fact that libraries we rely on are steadily having their X11 support deprecated, broken, or removed. they're used to log you in. The main problem, I guess, is GTK+ and Wayland versions in Linux Mint and LMDE. ... Wayland does not work with Prime/Optimus. This would very likely prevent said person from participating much in other development, which right now would probably have a heavy impact on ongoing releases and maintenance. Gnome Blog: WAYLAND BY DEFAULT IN FEDORA 25? +1 on Wayland support for multi-DPI setups.

365 Worcestershire Sauce, How To Iterate Over A List In Reverse Python, Shaw Floorte Price, Pathfinder Alter Self Disguise, Limestone Bullnose Steps, Salvage Plywood For Sale, German Sylvan Library, Dental Public Health Salary,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.