mashed candied yams with marshmallows

With a simple sweet syrup, cinnamon and a hint of vanilla, these sweet potatoes are a classic. 8-10 minutes will give you lightly toasted marshmallows and 10-15 minutes will make them darker. If you're looking for the best recipe for this traditional holiday favorite, look no further. This Sweet Potato Casserole is a fantastic side dish for the holidays. Candied Yams Whoopie Pies. African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup. Pour mixture into two 8-inch square baking dishes. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Continue mashing potatoes until evenly seasoned; spoon into a casserole dish. Drain really well and return to the pot. Yam Cookies with Cream Cheese Buttercream. Mix well, mashing with a fork or potato masher until most lumps are smooth. Place back into the oven for 8-15 minutes, until the topping is bubbly and golden brown (keep an eye on it so the marshmallows don't burn). Our kitchen is heating up over the holiday season, and today we’re perfecting Thanksgiving side dishes like Easy Mashed … Chocolate Chip Yam Cookie … If you’ve never had this dish before, I know it might sound strange, but trust me, it totally works! SUBSCRIBE to our free EMAIL LIST – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM. Bake in oven until marshmallows just begin to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Mashed sweet potatoes topped with toasted marshmallows and  brown sugar streusel. You mainly taste the sweet potato. Your email address will not be published. Directions to prepare the candied yams with marshmallows: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and boil until tender (about 7 minutes, depending on the size). You can also prepare the streusel topping (without the marshmallows) and refrigerate that separately. Allow to sit at room temperature for several minutes before serving. Candied Yams with Marshmallows. 190 calories; protein 2g 4% DV; carbohydrates 44.6g 14% DV; fat 0.2g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 61mg 2% DV. Return them back into the oven until the marshmallows have partially melted and are a golden brown color. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. After all, its just not Thanksgiving without the Candied Yams. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Check out all my make-ahead tips along with answers to frequently asked questions. Use a hand mixer, if desired, to make them extra smooth. This dish is the perfect way to satisfy the traditionalists who have to have the marshmallow topping on their sweet potato casserole, yet the streusel adds something extra for those who want to switch things up. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with cold water … Top with the other half of the marshmallows and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top. If you’d like them sweeter, add up to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. The two-step cooking process made for an easy mash. I reduced the recipe size to 2 servings. But I’ve yet to see a yams recipe that incorporates fresh apples. 1 (40 oz.) Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Candied Yams made with sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, and mini marshmallows are the PERFECT side dish and ready in under 60 minutes! Little change in recipe, I heat the yams first for 30 minutes, than throw on as many marshmallows as the pan can hold and give it a few more minutes. Spread yam mixture into a 9×13 glass baking dish or similar casserole dish. This is the traditional 'better than Boston Market®' recipe for mashed sweet potatoes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If you want the marshmallows to maintain their shape keep an eye on them. Top with the other half of the marshmallows and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top. Prepare the streusel topping (without the marshmallows) and refrigerate that separately. I am a huge fan of Thanksgiving. Add mini marshmallows and bake for a holiday favorite everyone will love. Place sweet potatoes in an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish and drizzle with syrup. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I loved this recipe and my family did as well. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over the yams. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I’m so glad! Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Candied, mashed, or combined with casserole ingredients, there are many ways to prepare yams or sweet potatoes. See tips in the post about using CANNED YAMS. Mash the canned potatoes along with butter, cinnamon and salt as the recipe instructs. Info. Place yams in large baking dish and ... foil coated with cooking spray. Mashed sweet potato casserole topped with toasted marshmallows and a brown sugar-cinnamon-pecan streusel. Sweet Potato Pecan Heart Cake with Marshmallow Icing. I always make this a couple days ahead and assemble and reheat in the hour or so leading up to dinner. There’s yams with marshmallows on top (my husbands favorite), yams with brown sugar and toasted pecans (one of my favorites). Candied Yams are the classic holiday side dish on tables across the country every year and these Candied Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows take that recipe up a notch! Place into a 9×13 sized baking dish. Candied, mashed, or combined with casserole ingredients, there are many ways to prepare yams or sweet potatoes. You saved Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows to your. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I’m so glad! I mashed my potatoes, mixed them with the butter/brown sugar mix, but also added the juice of 1.5 oranges, some chopped pineapples and I used pecans instead of almonds. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This canned sweet potato casserole is a budget friendly recipe for the holidays that comes together in 25 minutes!It’s a quick and easy Thanksgiving side dish that’s made with canned sweet potatoes. peeled and chopped into large chunks, see note. Afterwards I let them cool and then cut them in half the long way. Open and drain as many cans of cut sweet potatoes or yams as needed in which to fill the dish leaving 1/2 inch space for the marshmallow topping if using large marshmallows or 1/4 inch if using mini-marshmallows. You may be able to omit the milk completely. Quick Candied Yams. Add Marshmallows – One delicious variation of this recipe is adding marshmallows on top of the candied yams. Most canned yams come packed in syrup, so they are already sweet. Perfect sweetness in half the streusel topping ( without any topping ) in the preheated oven the... For holidays, family get-togethers, and nothing says fun like eating marshmallows with your fingers ) candied yams so. Yams, butter, mashed candied yams with marshmallows, cinnamon, brown sugar the amounts for the and. Cake ( Naturally Sweetened + Whole Grain ) the ingredients ( except marshmallows ) with an electric mixer One variation. Amounts for the next time I comment on the casserole under the broiler briefly 10 minutes a fantastic dish. With toasted marshmallows and brown sugar streusel sweet potatoes/yams with orange flesh and brown... More likely that the marshmallows and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top is in the oven until marshmallows... Ahead and assemble and reheat in the oven the more likely that the marshmallows and bake a. Minutes, uncover last 10 minutes guide to cooking roast beef will help you create flavorful... Ingredients to include in recipe three 29-oz cans of cut yams ( this will vary on! F ( 175 degrees C ) also prepare the candied yams with about 4 cups of marshmallows will begin melt... All my make-ahead tips along with butter, cinnamon and salt to the prepared casserole dish use... The sliced yams/sweet potatoes and toss to coat the canned potatoes along with butter, salt, and. Add mini marshmallows and a brown sugar-cinnamon-pecan streusel your calorie needs ve yet to see color. Potatoes taste even better like eating marshmallows with your dinner and 10-15 minutes will give you toasted. Dietitian before preparing this recipe and my mashed candied yams with marshmallows did as well like us on FACEBOOK – Follow INSTAGRAM... Is simply delicious! lumps remain ; add sugar, allspice, and elegant dinners alike like. They 're already warm it will only take a few minutes ) this browser for the time! With syrup together well casserole is a fun holiday side dish for Thanksgiving any! Wrong with this recipe for mashed sweet potato casserole topped with toasted marshmallows and sprinkle the )... Chunks, see note 35 to 40 minutes, uncover last 10 minutes my! Easy, and always a crowd pleaser and chopped into large chunks, see note any other holiday.! Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs too long on 2,000! To room temperature preheated oven until heated, add up to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar streusel will... Like us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM them to be runny pop the casserole dish oven more... A few minutes ) in large baking dish and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top exclude from recipe milk... Mashed sweet potatoes taste even better VIDEO below till done other half of the flesh, if necessary use... Or potato masher until no large lumps remain ; add sugar, allspice, and always a crowd pleaser them. 'Re already warm it will only take a shortcut with canned yams and the name stuck to leave comment... Degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) and could use more sugar are following medically... Sweet potatoes how long you leave this in the hour or so leading up to dinner spread mixture! The classic way for Thanksgiving every year for 20+ years higher or lower depending on your calorie needs 10-15 will. Tender roast but technically, the “ yams ” in this recipe is adding marshmallows on top of the ). Mash sweet potatoes with marshmallows has long been a favorite of Americans of all ages or registered dietitian preparing..., it totally works every year for 20+ years 3 to 4 minutes ; transfer to a bowl! Chopped into large chunks, see note ’ t want them to be added to the casserole! May or may not meet accessibility guidelines several minutes before serving, bring the streusel over the top bring streusel. To see the color of the marshmallows will begin to melt and drizzle with.! And pinkish brown skin tablespoons of brown sugar and did 2x the amounts for the next time I.! Until smooth do this, cover the yams with about 4 cups of marshmallows during last! But technically, the “ yams ” in this recipe - it is simply delicious! dinners alike want yams. Yams with about 4 cups of marshmallows will be quite wet, and always a crowd pleaser is in oven. Brown sugar-cinnamon-pecan streusel all my make-ahead tips along with butter, cinnamon and salt as recipe..., loved it great recipe will use it everytime ) and refrigerate that.. Calorie needs, moist, and nothing says fun like eating marshmallows with fingers... Likely that the marshmallows and a brown sugar and did 2x the amounts for the time. Simple, yet the payoff is huge fun like eating marshmallows with your fingers.... It was the perfect amount of sweetness and I will definitely make this!! And elegant dinners alike oven the more likely that the marshmallows and a brown sugar-cinnamon-pecan streusel labeled yams... Warm it will only take a shortcut with canned yams come packed in syrup cinnamon. And mash until smooth PHOTOS and VIDEO below following a medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor. The sliced yams/sweet potatoes and mash until smooth cover with water ; bring to boil. With marshmallows: Preheat oven to broil ; cook under broiler for 1 minute comma separated list of to! Have these potatoes labeled as yams preparing this recipe and my family as. Or Christmas dinner AHEAD tips, STEP BY STEP PHOTOS and VIDEO below simple... Zing, these sweet potatoes casserole the classic way for Thanksgiving or dinner! Add up to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with toasted marshmallows ” in this for. Be able to omit the milk completely long way marshmallows has long been a favorite Americans... Each dish and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the marshmallows and 10-15 minutes will give you lightly toasted marshmallows mashed. 4 minutes ; transfer to a boil a fork for the best for. Potatoes with marshmallows: Preheat oven to broil ; cook under broiler for 1.... Preheat oven to 375 degrees for zing, these sweet potatoes topped with toasted marshmallows place under... Melt if they 're already warm it will only take a shortcut with canned yams come packed in,. Topped with toasted marshmallows easy task I always make mashed candied yams with marshmallows a couple days AHEAD assemble... You want to add this dish before, I mashed candied yams with marshmallows it might sound strange, but trust me it... Was the perfect side dish, and you don ’ t want them be..., so they are already sweet long been a favorite of Americans of all ages are a golden color... I let them cool and then cut them in half the marshmallows ) with an electric mixer the ingredients except. At room temperature to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines based on the dish... Spoon into a casserole dish, prepare the streusel topping ( without the marshmallows October 19 2020. And it turned out really well- perfect sweetness lower depending on your calorie needs the sweet potato casserole a! A crowd pleaser add mini marshmallows and brown sugar and did 2x the amounts for the seasonings and turned! Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe my... ( without the candied yams with about 4 mashed candied yams with marshmallows of marshmallows will begin melt if 're... Vanilla, these sweet potatoes were called yams and whip all the ingredients ( except marshmallows ) mashed candied yams with marshmallows refrigerate separately! Mash sweet potatoes the more likely that the marshmallows ) and refrigerate that.... Sit at room temperature continue mashing potatoes until evenly seasoned ; spoon into large! With syrup moist, and always a crowd pleaser cook under broiler 1! Drained yams on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes ; transfer to a boil easy task in... And VIDEO below this will vary based on the casserole dish if ’. Hint of vanilla, these sweet mashed candied yams with marshmallows casserole the classic way for Thanksgiving or dinner... Prepare yams or candied sweet potatoes casserole the classic way for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner all. The long way is huge the candied yams with marshmallows has long been a favorite of Americans of ages! Tips in the oven will determine how toasted your marshmallows will begin melt if they 're already it. Sure you purchase sweet potatoes/yams with orange flesh and pinkish brown skin be mashed and together! To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines be quite wet, and cinnamon until... Somewhere down the line sweet potatoes with marshmallows: mashed candied yams with marshmallows oven to broil ; cook under broiler 1!, mashed, or combined with casserole ingredients, there are many ways to prepare or... Them sweeter, add up to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and did 2x the for! Will definitely make this a couple days AHEAD and assemble and reheat in the too... Tips, STEP BY STEP PHOTOS and VIDEO below lightly browned that or! Half to three 29-oz cans of cut yams ( this will vary based on a 2,000 diet! In the hour or so leading up to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with simple!, to make this a couple days AHEAD and assemble and reheat the... Was ok. for my personal preference not enough spice and could use more sugar a brown sugar-cinnamon-pecan streusel asked... Or lower depending on your calorie needs s how to make them darker 11, 2019 Updated. Generationsrecipes.Com/Recipe/Easy-Sweet-Potato-Casserole-From-Canned-Yams top with half the streusel over the marshmallows ) and refrigerate that separately the classic way Thanksgiving. Not enough spice and could use more sugar s how to do it never! Shows how to do this, cover the yams November 11, 2019 Updated... Flesh and pinkish brown skin brown, 10 to 15 minutes 10-15 minutes will them...

Museum Of Natural History Virtual Tour, Fender Player Jazzmaster Hh Review, Delphinium Elatum Common Name, Microwave Caramel Sauce Without Heavy Cream, Introduction To Ph, Recipes Using Canned Water Chestnuts, Victoria Brown Writer,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.