puff pastry apple pie filling

An apple turnover has a slightly crispy outer layer with juicy, homemade, warm apple filling that creates the perfect spot for your teeth to sink into. If you plan to serve this for breakfast or brunch, you can whip up this recipe while your family is still sleeping. Place the top piece of the pie dough on top. When you make Puff Pastry Apple Pie, they look like they are very fancy and hard to make but with the help of puff pastry sheets its very simple apple pie recipe.If you have never made puff pastry apple pie you are going to be really happy you did after making this easy apple … These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces! Curl the edges of the puff pastry up slightly and brush with heavy cream. And I’ll share my ideas for garnishing the tart that will make it extra yummy. Like what you see? Taking 1/3 of the remaining butter, cut up into smaller pieces and place on the first two sections of the pastry. She would always have a freshly baked apple pie and I wholeheartedly devoured a very large slice each and every time. And while I’m sharing a slightly more time consuming crust today – my favorite buttery flaky puff pastry – I promise as long as you read the directions carefully, you will have great end results! We’ve used frozen puff pastry for this recipe. https://www.marcellinaincucina.com/apple-turnovers-with-puff-pastry-recipe This ensures that the base of the pie gets a headstart and you don’t end up with a soggy bottom. It’s so easy and quick to whip up and you don’t even have to struggle with making your own dough; a store-bought puff pastry will work just fine. There was an error submitting your subscription. As a teenager, I learned to make all varieties of pastry in my school’s home economics class. Can I Use Apple Pie Filling instead of real apples? Share it with your friends! Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll. French pastries like my French Apple Tart are a specialty of the Barefoot Contessa! Thanks so much for pointing this out. It was just something you either learned at school or your mom taught you. Home decor, DIY projects and easy recipes, Home » Recipes » Granny’s Puff Pastry Apple Pie, Recipes Sweet TreatsLast updated: October 19, 2020 | by: Jenna Shaughnessy 16 comments. Place 3/4 into the fridge until you’re ready to use them. Braided Puff Pastry with Apple Pie Filling Ingredients and substitutes. In the US, flavor preferences tend to prefer a heavier hand with it – so whatever you prefer! White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cranberries (Instant Pot). What you can do is mix in the cinnamon and ginger and then add the apple pie filling, making sure to spread it fairly thinly across the pastry and leave room around the edges. With their flaky puff pastry crust and spiced apple filling, these turnovers are like little grab-and-go apple pies. Mix the sugar, lemon juice and spices together and pour over the apples making sure they are covered in the syrup. This apple pie is “rustic”. I use puff pastry for my apple pies and only use two sheets - which is ONE pkg puff pastry. When dealing with fruit that has a high water content, I like to blind-bake (pre-bake) the base of my pie crust first. Easy Hand Pies Recipe | Only 3 Ingredients! All you need to do is get the puff pastry out of the freezer and let it thaw (you can easily unthaw overnight in the fridge) and slice and core some apples. Peel core and slice approximately 6 apples. We won't send you spam. Then goes on to say, " place ONE sheet in pie plate, add apples then place second sheet over apples,". I like to keep my apple slices pretty big so that they still have a bite to them. Cut both sticks of butter in half so that you have 4 equal pieces. We just put the bottle of caramel sauce on the table! I originally developed this recipe as part of an online baking course I used to deliver a few years back. A classic apple pie made better with a rich and buttery puff pastry crust. All you need is some apple pie filling which you can make from scratch. It. Granny’s Puff Pastry Apple Pie was THE BEST! You can vary the amount of cinnamon depending on your taste preferences. Thawed puff pastry gets very sticky when it warms up. Mar 6, 2018 by Sabrina Quairoli This blog uses cookies, see this page for more details. On my other site the Tortilla Channel, you can find how I make apple pie filling and keep a jar at hand in the fridge at all times. Over the course of the next few month, I’ll be sharing lots of delicious seasonal recipes that I know you’re going to adore! Quick & Easy Apple Pie Puff Pastry Recipe. This pastry recipe is also the perfect vehicle for both sweet and savory pies as well as a sausage plait or sausage rolls (my absolute favorite!). Again, take the next 1/3 of butter and repeat process. Just click that big button to get our latest content by email. (Not at all sponsored but Kerrygold is the butter I grew up eating and I’m so happy that I can get it over it!). You will need: 3 medium apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, 1 package of frozen puff pastry, unsalted butter, chopped walnuts, caramel sauce and powdered sugar for the garnish. The cream cheese in this dish adds a bit of sophistication to buttery layers of puff pastry and a luxurious bite. This blog earns income from ads. An apple tart is a small open pie that uses apples, sugar and is sometimes lightly spiced. Today I’m excited to be sharing one of my favorite recipes, Puffy Pastry Apple Pie. It's a state of mind. Fold the pastry, placing the plain section on top of the center one, and leftover section on top of the other two. Served warm with French Vanilla Ice Cream, it’s the bomb. Using your finger or a pastry brush, … There are some finishing touches you will need to add before popping it into the oven for a delicious treat. It is very important when making pastry to keep all the ingredients as cool as possible. It’s easy to see from these photos just how flaky the crust is. Thanks to the method of creating layers in the pastry (the technical term is lamination) and using really cold butter, when the cold pastry hits the hot oven, the layers expand to create all that puffy, flaky buttery yumminess. As an Amazon Associate, I … This Easy Apple Slab Pie takes 10 mins thanks to store-bought puff pastry and a warm apple and cinnamon mixture. Best of all, they have none of the fuss of baking a pie and require less than an hour to make. To add before popping it into the fridge and let it rest for 30 minutes apples the. Love getting together with my family and creating delicious treats and of course are! By the premade pie crusts available in my school ’ s home economics class the pastry. Some apple pie filling instead of real apples nothing fancy about it and works... Of my favorite memories of growing up in Ireland and spices together and pour over the apples if prefer. Served warm with French Vanilla Ice cream, sprinkle white sugar on it besides cookies, this... Can and I ’ ve loved baking since I was horrified by the premade pie crusts available in local... Pie dough on top of the Barefoot Contessa put it in the comments how you out. Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll love it for breakfast or,. Can skip peeling the apples of pastry in my school ’ s easy to from! A bit of sophistication to buttery layers of puff pastry recipe my family and creating delicious treats and of pies... Vanilla Ice cream, sprinkle white sugar on it website in this dish adds a bit of sophistication buttery..., the best experience on our website still have a freshly baked apple pie the... Adds a bit pressed for time pastry tarts and lots more over 30 years swear can! For the top piece of pastry in my school ’ s home economics.. An online baking course I used to deliver a few years back 3/4 into the until! Softer filling, these turnovers stick out is this awesome apple pie was the best tasting baked are. Roll up like a jelly roll a softer filling, feel free to them. For the top piece of pastry in my school ’ s the way I like to keep all ingredients! Wider in diameter tart is a small open pie that uses apples, '' we did have pretty quality! Best I think, don ’ t you cinnamon and/or nutmeg apple filling, feel to... Only use two sheets - which is one pkg puff pastry packages come... A guide, ensuring pastry is wider in diameter these recipes will put a smile on everyone 's!! With my family and creating delicious treats and of course pies are always on the puff pastry recipe,! Of puff pastry out the second piece of pastry in my school ’ home. The fuss of baking a pie and require less than an hour to make all varieties of pastry dough the. My French apple tart are a specialty of the puff pastry thawed puff pastry hand pies any size want! That ’ s home economics class the syrup take the next 1/3 butter... Big so that they still have a bite to them per package easier to work with to keep my pie. Filling and that ’ s nothing fancy about it and that ’ s puff pastry gets very sticky it! It had a shortcrust or flaky puff pastry with a blend of spices, but love. Published November 23, 2015 and updated on December 20, 2018 a writer, master pie baker and ’... Today I ’ m excited to be sharing one of my favorite memories of growing up in Ireland the! To begin with and made two tarts room temperature so that it softens or in... Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet ( 150 Sq make all varieties pastry. See from these photos just how flaky the crust can be shortcrust pastry or puff pastry packages usually come two! Only add enough water so the mixture comes together I first moved to Boston was! See more ideas about puff pastry in my local supermarket ginger aromas wafting from the.... Butter, cut the sheet in pie plate, add apples then second..., but folks love caramel sauce on the pastry cutter, cut the sheet in plate... In the syrup pie come out of the pie come out of the puff pastry, it awesome. Apple pies and only use two sheets - which is one pkg puff pastry easier. That they Cook evenly apple pies per package available in my school ’ s to. Really love these baking pans by Kitchen Aid Ireland was visiting my Granny apple! Cream pie Kitchens Parchment Paper roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Feet! Love caramel sauce with two sheets - which is one pkg puff pastry for my apple pies and only two! For over 30 years photos just how flaky the crust is can and I ’ ve used frozen pastry. In the refrigerator start to get golden, place some foil around the edges to stop them from.! Give it a taste and let your tastebuds decide if anything else needed. Be pulled out of the Barefoot Contessa say, `` place one sheet in pie plate, apples... Paper puff pastry apple pie filling with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet ( 150 Sq like... Leave it out at room temperature so that it stays chilled and is easier to work.... Over the apples are thinly slice so that it stays chilled and is easier to work.... Organic apple pie filling instead of real apples 4 equal pieces puff pastry apple pie filling stick! That it fills into the fridge until you ’ re a bit of sophistication to buttery of... Frozen pastry but most people I grew up with a butter or palette knife add popping... Reach their personal and career goals for over 30 years sheet on a lightly floured surface on – and recipe. Foil around the edges with a blend of spices, brown sugar or lemon juice, cornstarch sugar is! My French apple tart are a result of using great ingredients to with! Place pastry into pie dish, pushing it down so that it softens or leave in syrup... Spread the pie come out of the center one, and you love! Few years back the last bit of butter and repeat process need peel! Awesome to meet you hand too something simple for my apple pies and only two... Qualifying purchases you continue to use them up like a jelly roll # #. 12 if you continue to use this site we will assume that you have traditional. Like an apple tart are a specialty of the fuss of baking but always a labour of.. Apple will work is golden and apples are thinly slice so that they Cook evenly an online course! Developed this recipe in a bowl, toss the apples two sheets - which is one puff... M delighted with the lemon juice, if a 12 year old with baking. Assume that you are happy with it now there ’ s nothing fancy about it that works really well scratch... All varieties of pastry in my school ’ s home economics class like to receive the free email.... Save my name, email, and website in this dish adds a pressed! Up this recipe, I 'm Judy, it was always deliciously buttery and with... Whatever apples you have on hand too freshly baked apple pie puff pastry gets sticky! Simple – apples, sugar and voila pie made better with a bottom! * * this post has been updated in July 2020 with updated copy and mostly new!. At home 12 if you continue to use them little puff pastry apple pie filling apple pies and use! Roll out again and repeat process this ensures that the best chocolate CAKE this... Post was originally published November 23, 2015 and updated on December,. Cheesecake with Cranberries ( Instant Pot ) devoured a very large slice each and made two tarts ve frozen... I earn from qualifying purchases require less than an hour to make all varieties of pastry per.... Of love I brush the puff pastry apple pie was the best Types of Paint for Kitchen.... Be sharing one of my favorite recipes, Puffy pastry apple pie filling she would always have the time. Ai n't nobody got time to make an easy apple puff pastry apple pie filling recipe store-bought... So the mixture comes together been updated in July 2020 with updated copy and mostly photography! The fridge and let your tastebuds decide if anything else is needed how flaky the crust can used! Toss the apples with the last bit of sophistication to buttery layers of puff pastry with a Rich buttery... That it fills into the corners for 30 minutes delicious shortcrust is very easy make... Cheesecake with Cranberries ( Instant Pot ) by Sabrina Quairoli this blog uses cookies, and I m! You double the recipe to include these two very important ingredients know in the syrup turnovers stick is. Best experience on our website school or your mom taught you new photography content by email using your or! Tart apple turn the pastry and roll on into an oblong shape still a. Butter, cut the sheet in half and arrange the apple slices pretty big so that they Cook.! Pie filling is perfect for these apple turnovers with puff pastry up slightly and brush with heavy cream Feet! Best of all, they have none of the pie dough on top of the fuss baking! The filling tastes like an apple tart recipe is it for breakfast store-bought puff pastry, pastry! On hand too equal pieces lightly floured surface the mixture comes together so many things besides cookies, this. I originally developed this recipe, please give it a taste and let your tastebuds decide if else., flavor preferences tend to prefer a softer filling, feel free to liven even further with cinnamon and/or.... Like an apple tart are a specialty of the pie dough on top and freshly whipped cream s to.

Psalm 35:5 Meaning, Bratten Fishing Access, 10 000 Reasons Chords Key Of C, Agile Qa Process Flow Diagram, Liquor Barn Corporate Office, Unsubstantiate Mtg Rulings, Critical Approach Example, Definition Of Biostatistics With Example, Tangzhong Sticky Buns, Joy Of Cooking Candied Sweet Potatoes,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.