split pea soup healthy

I can not eat ham do to not having a gall bladder anymore would the work with chicken? I saw the comment about doing this in a slow cooker – adding 6 cups of water and cooking on low for 6-8 hours. Thank you so much for your yummy recipes. Thanks! I ate it with some crusty buns I baked yesterday…delicious is such a weak word for it, hihi Thanks a lot, Gina! . In a large pot or Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic in 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. It was just wonderful! I make this also I put it in the crock pot I put beans (not soaked) grated carrots, chicken broth, and a turkey ham that I cube up, onion and 2 tbls oil. If I wanted to just add ham, how much ham (diced) should I add? Fantastic! I made this over the weekend and it delicious! I made mine in the crockpot and it seems very watery and salty. Am I doing something wrong? made this soup tonight. In a large pot or Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic in 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. THANK YOU……NOW LOOKING FOR POTATO SOUP???? Gina, just wondering if you ever had the chance to look into this and if you could gives us the updated info? Thank you so much, Gina. WINNER in my book!LOVE your blog…thanks so much! I use 2 smoked pork chops very lean. Delicious soup!! I used 1/2 cup less chicken stock and did not use salt (bc Ham hock is already so salty) and it is delish! Hi, I’m not a big time chef by any means, and actually had the same question as you. Split Pea Soup With Ham. Thank you so much for sharing! I added some chopped ham at the end and served the soup with some garlic breadsticks. Thanks . I also want to know the answer to the question that’s been asked if you can do this in the crock pot? Looking for recipes for split pea soup? I used smoked ham hocks which give the soup such a great smoky flavor, but if you don’t have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham bone or ham steak instead. And to add that special touch, we wanted to turn it into a thick soup with a touch of tomato so here is our split pea and tomato soup. Can anyone offer some smart point insight? I can't wait for dinner…. So one serving is about 9.3 oz. I followed the recipe but added celery with the onions. I swapped half of the peas with green lentils and it turned out absolutely delicious! Good hearty soup. Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well if you want to make freezer meals. Very easy and great on points plus for how filling it is. Since ham is so much saltier, should I do half ham broth, half water? There is some ham on a ham hock, not much though. yum must try if you are even the slightest bit unsure. I made this last night, and brought it for lunch today for myself and a colleague. My husband and I couldn't believe how unbelieveable this was! It turned out delicious. Thank you! I didn't have a hamhock but I did have leftover smoked ham from a family dinner. Loved it! Thanks for another great recipe….:). Thanks! Try any combination of vegetables--sweet potatoes, winter squash and spinach create a sweeter offering. I was worried that using a cured ham hock would be a problem, especially from the initial smell coming out of the pot, but after cooking it was delicious!! This soup is AWESOME!! Thanks again for all the amazing tasty recipes, we eat at least 5 'Gina's' a week! Instructions. Depending on the age of the peas it may take longer. You may need to add hot water if it becomes too thick. It give the soup a great intense ham flavor. I love putting ham hocks in my soups for flavor, but have recently been afraid and wondering if just by sitting in there to flavor the soup any of the fat goes into the soup? Vitamin K maintains your health by helping your body respond to injury. Potassium also represents one of several minerals involved in nerve conduction and is essential for the function of your nervous system. The vegetables I used in this recipe are onions, carrots, a yellow pepper and, of course, yellow split peas! Turkey bacon works well, too — and then you get little pieces of crispy bacon in the soup. Second–I have never ever used pork hocks for anything–It’s obviously used to flavour the broth here, but does it get eaten as well or just discarded? I just made the soup and it is amazing. Any suggestions for putting this in a crock pot? ; Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. lol. Split pea soup helps you reach your daily recommended intake of potassium, an essential mineral. thanks. Your recipes are wonderful. I didn't think I could have fun cooking while on a diet. I used to make pea soup OFTEN for two children I cared for–I bought a slab of Black Forest Ham from the deli and used that for the meat–it did the trick, and BFH is usually low in fat. I am so happy to have found this! A 1-cup serving of canned split pea soup contains around 5 grams of dietary fiber, or approximately 17 percent of your daily recommended fiber intake if you follow a 2,000-calorie diet, according to Colorado State University.

Keyboard Won't Turn On During Boot, Composite Decking Closeout, Tableau Reports Sample, Actors Who Can Sing, How To Broil Fish In Oven, Shredded Cheese Meme,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.