sweet hush puppies recipe honey butter

Remove with a slotted spoon. These were even better than the long lost recipe ones. Try serving the hush puppies with honey butter, honey mustard or pepper jelly for an added sweet touch. Bread; Cornbread; Butter; Cinnamon; Honey ; Hushpuppies; Sides; Next > < Prev; conversation * Things are little quiet around here. Thanks for the easy recipe. Although Burrows deep-fries his puppies in lard, we tried pan-frying them in vegetable … This recipe is a great base so you can add other ingredients for more flavor: Hush puppies are best served right after frying, however, you can make a batch ahead of time, cool completely and store in the fridge. Thanks Brenda! It’s a classic side dish to seafood meals, although we always ordered them in a BBQ restaurant, here in Midwest. They got s bit tough but were still good. Southern Hush Puppies The Pudge Factor. They go well with all your favorite comfort foods including mac-n-cheese, collard greens and barbecue. Drop large spoonfuls of the hush puppy … Required fields are marked *. FYI. Heat up oil in a pot, until it reaches 365 degrees F. Using a tablespoon sized ice … This week I went on a search for a recipe for their hush puppies and found this recipe … Hush Puppies stuffed with mashed sweet potatoes and Dandies Mini Marshmallows and fried to crispy perfection. It’s very common to serve hush puppies with honey butter or tartar sauce for dipping. I’m going to add a bit more salt and a tad bit more cayenne pepper next time, as that’s how my family likes it!!! Add liquid gradually to dry ingredients and stir until the batter is thick. The chopped onion is a must! Shannon’s Sweet Hush Puppy Recipe. Why don't you get … In a smaller bowl or measuring glass cup, whisk wet ingredients (egg and buttermilk). Remove with a slotted spoon. Recipes; POPULAR; HOLIDAY CENTRAL; Search; Profile Add a Recipe User Settings Log Out. to make the honey butter: In a small bowl, mix the butter with the honey. Picky Toddler Meal Recipes .. That’s a great compliment! This recipe is easy to prepare and gives great results. Ingredients . We can’t stop eating them. Brenda's Sweet Hush Puppies. They're finished with a spicy honey sauce for the perfect sweet, spicy, salty bite! (photos 4-6). 1/2 cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour. Start by whisking dry ingredients in a large bowl. Can you make the batter ahead of time then freeze the balls? Dec 21, 2014 - These are the best hush puppies ever! Mix until just combined. Wow are they yummy. 1/4 cup (80 grams) room-temperature vegan butter 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) agave syrup Ingredients • 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal • 1 cup all-purpose flour • 1/4 cup sugar • 2 tsp. Mix all dry ingredients together. 1 cup minced white onion 32 ounces canned creamed corn 1 pound cornmeal. Add water and beer and form into a stiff batter. Hush Puppies with Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe. To make dropping the batter into the oil  easier, I recommend an ice cream scoop with a spring release. Add a 2 count of olive oil, remove the sausage from their casings and crumble the sausage into the skillet. Then add egg, buttermilk, and water. Hi! His Aunt Brenda makes these often. Instructions. Instructions. Traditionally they are served with catfish. Served this with our lemon shrimp skewers, and it was delicious. baking powder, yellow cornmeal, peanut oil, buttermilk, kosher salt and 4 more. Instructions Mix butter with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Learn how your comment data is processed. This is for sure on my saved list. Prep time: 10 mins. 1. I’m sorry you lost your recipes but at the same time I’m glad you were able to replace it with this recipe Thank you so much for your kind words! Everything else was exactly the same. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes *. The sugar helps to balance out the flavors. I will definitely try this. Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle. 1 review. Drain on towels and serve hot. I made this a few days ago & it was delicious! ½ cup minced sweet yellow Vidalia onion 1 tablespoon butter 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup yellow cornmeal ¼ cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 large egg ½ cup milk 2 tablespoons honey Fry oil. Hi Amanda. 3/4 c self rising flour. Thats so great to hear TC! Drain on paper towel. Cornmeal, green onions, red onions, flour, milk are some of the main ingredients in this recipe. honey, garlic salt, radishes, black pepper, dry mustard, sweet onion and 17 more Grilled Porterhouse (Bone-In Loin) Chops with Chipotle Cilantro Butter Pork olive oil, paprika, lime juice, salt, black pepper, olive oil and 5 more Hush Puppies. These Hush Puppies are a perfect and easy dish for breakfast, lunch, dinner or especially a snack! Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Hush Puppies … In a small bowl, combine the cornmeal and flour. 1/4 cup (48 grams) vegan granulated sugar. Sugar and honey are also going into these little guys. Glad your mom enjoyed them too! Stir in the milk and beaten eggs into the dry ingredients along with red and green onions. In a large deep cast iron or dutch oven, heat 2 quarts of oil to 365°F. Servings 6 Prep Time 5 Cook Time 10 minutes Ingredients 1/2 cup butter 4 tbsp honey milk 1 pinch cinnamon 1 pinch nutmeg Instructions Melt butter in a pot on the stove. Living on the coast of North Carolina, we love Calabash style seafood and hush puppies. You can also put a rack or a cooling rack on top of foil covered sheet pan and then place the hush puppies on the rack. I made these back to back; the first time with sugar and the second without. Sweet Hush Puppies Recipe: Hush puppies are typically savory (not sweet); however, you can increase the sugar to 2 tablespoons for a sweeter taste. Hush Puppies are the perfect addition to accompany your Southern-inspired meal from fried chicken to shrimp and grits. Use blackstrap molasses if you must; just use a smidge less or your butter will be quite sweet. There is really no secret to making these delicious bites! Preheat oven to 450 degrees. baking powder • 1/2 tsp. This recipe consists of frying up balls of thick batter. Remove from heat and … Stir in the onion and cook over medium heat until the onions become tender, about 8 minutes. These easy Hush Puppies are a popular Southern side dish of cornmeal batter deep-fried until golden brown and crispy. onion, milk, yellow cornmeal, creamed corn, salt, sugar, vegetable oil and 3 more. There are many stories about the origin of them too. Combine the yogurt, orange juice concentrate, and honey until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the cornmeal and flour. READ MORE. Regardless of what you call them, I think we can agree that “hush puppies” is way more fun and much cuter to say. I followed your recipe exactly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Slather them in a sweet Honey Butter… Take care! There are a lot of myths behind why hush puppies are called hush puppies. If you are looking for more comfort food recipes, you may also like the Biscuits and Sausage Gravy or Sweet Corn Casserole. cayenne pepper 3 eggs (lightly beaten) 1½ cups buttermilk ¾ cup diced sweet … Always thought them dry and bland. Heat up in a microwave just before serving. Over mixing may result in dry dense hush puppies. Mix in the egg, milk and oil until well combined. Love this! Using a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop with spring release, drop 5-9 balls into the hot oil. 2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. hush puppies, hush puppy, hushpuppies, sweet hush puppies recipe, sweet hush puppies recipes, « Easy Smothered Chicken With Bok Choy and Mushrooms, Best Southern Sweet Potato Pie (The Fast Way With Video) & Juneteenth Cookout Takeover, Old Fashioned Carrot Cake Recipe With Pineapple, The Easiest Southern Peach Cobbler (With a Texture Similar to Pie Crust Cobbler), Easy Smothered Chicken With Bok Choy and Mushrooms, Fluffy Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream Recipe, The Best Banana Bread + BHM Virtual Potluck, Crispy Lemon Parmesan, Garlic & Herb Tuna Patties (Tuna fish cake recipe), Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry (With Sweet Chili Sauce), 4 Ingredient Garlic Butter Brazilian Steak (Just 15 Mins to Make), 15 Minute Shrimp Lettuce Wraps w/ Sweet Chili Mayo, Southern Pan Fried Fish (Whiting Fish Recipe), 6 Ingredient Flank Steak Stuffed with Parmesan, Spinach and Lemon Zest (Pinwheels). Here’s Azeb with our latest 3pm special. Filed Under: Side Dish Tagged With: buttermilk, cornmeal. When I buy cornmeal I end up throwing a lot of it away. Tags. 75g self raising flour 65g cornmeal or semolina 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda 1 tbsp honey 2 tbsp olive oil 1 egg 125ml buttermilk save as favorite. The second batch was light and fluffy and even though my mom didn’t eat them hot, she enjoyed it and dad did too. In a skillet, melt the butter. I didn’t know hush puppies were so easy to make – thanks for breaking it down in this recipe!! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! Dairy Free. Sweet Corn Hushpuppies are little balls of crispy, deep-fried goodness! Looking for a great homemade syrup for your Sweet Potato Pancakes? May 27, 2013 - Last week I posted a recipe for Cabbage Soup that is very close to the same soup at The Rivers Edge Restaurant in Saint Albans, West Virginia. Your email address will not be published. Remove from oil and place on a paper-lined plate. Recipe Source : Candied Jalapeño Hushpuppies with Sweet Butter ... Candied Jalapeño Hushpuppies with Sweet Butter [Vegan] Advertisement. Cook for 2-3 minutes total, turning as needed to evenly brown the hush puppies. Lol). ... unsalted butter… For the hush puppies: Combine cornmeal with sugar, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Stir batter just until just combined and let it sit for 15 minutes. History of Hush Puppies. Recipes / Breads. Serve the hush puppies hot with the dipping sauce. HUSH PUPPIES 2½ cups Tenda Bake Yellow Self-Rising Cornmeal Mix ½ tsp. When you’re ready to bake them, preheat to 425 F. Place the frozen fried hushpuppies on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 or until warmed through. Let the batter fry until it becomes golden brown, turning for even cooking. The Best Sweet Southern Hush Puppies Recipes on Yummly | Southern Hush Puppies, Southern Hush Puppies, Hush Puppies ... all purpose flour, salt, milk, egg, black pepper, unsalted butter and 6 more. Not these! Sorry I’m late but yes you can make them ahead of time. Ingredients (13) Hushpuppies. 1 cup (170 grams) cornmeal. Our most trusted Sweet Hush Puppies With Honey recipes. Thanks for the share☺ Geetanjali Tung. Honey Hush Puppies. Another one I just added about 3 T of crushed pineapple. In a baking dish combine sweet potatoes, butter and spices. I lost a recipe I once used and have tried to make hush puppies a number of times using a variety of recipes; the hush puppies were never quite right. I’ve never made hush puppies before and this recipe was great! Mix until just combined. I didn’t have a scoop so I just took a spoonful and used another spoon to kind of roll it out – it made my hush puppies more oval but that was fine. We loved these delicious bites of heaven, This sounds so good and easy-to-make. I serve these hush puppies hot with homemade honey butter and fresh local fish fried up crispy and golden, MMMM MMMMM! Some of the internet seems to think the only difference is your zip code, others think that fritters are sweeter and flatter. May 27, 2013 - Last week I posted a recipe for Cabbage Soup that is very close to the same soup at The Rivers Edge Restaurant in Saint Albans, West Virginia. 4 medium jalapeños. 3. Here you will find easy and delicious recipes for busy people. They were delicious. Honey butter is the perfect topping for turning your pancake or waffle breakfast into a delicious feast fit for a king.Serve it over crepes or alongside a delicious french toast casserole for the perfect brunch! . HUSH PUPPIES 2½ cups Tenda Bake Yellow Self-Rising Cornmeal Mix ½ tsp. There is some debate between them and corn fritters. oil, milk, softened butter, butter, baking powder, egg, cornmeal and 6 more Hush Puppies Southern Kissed all-purpose flour, salt, green bell pepper, onion, buttermilk and 2 more Stir in the onion and cook over medium heat until the onions become tender, about 8 minutes. Hush Puppies are deep-fried balls of savory cornmeal batter. I haven't given them a try yet,… They are bite sized, delicious and easy to make! Thus, depending if you have some that want spicy and some sweet like my family – just cut in half and do the above with the half of the base. Shape the dough into small balls for deep frying. I’ve always wanted to make these. Fry until they are golden brown with tiny raised bumps. Drop 6 to 8 tablespoon-sized balls of batter into the hot oil; fry until each (Mom asked why I didn’t bring any over and she’s not into sweetened hush puppies. 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Heat up oil in a pot, until it reaches 365 degrees F. Drop tablespoons of batter into oil and fry until golden brown. Ingredients. It’s possibly the only southern food I enjoy more than cornbread. Serve this up as a side and have the raddest, most delicious Tofurky Day ever! Get more Chanukah recipes from our Chanukah recipe collection. Stir in onion, egg and corn. Ingredients. Living on the coast of North Carolina, we love Calabash-style seafood and To make her version she’s taking a sweet Vidalia onion, dicing it up and cooking it in a little butter to bring out the flavor. My recipes are made with everyday ingredients and all of them are family approved! Hushpuppies + Honey Butter Hushpuppies 1 1/2 cups (7 ounces) fine stone-ground yellow cornmeal, such as Geechie Boy Mill 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoons baking powder Pinch (1/8 teaspoon) cayenne 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt 2 tablespoons sugar 4 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter … These sweet hush puppies  are crisp on the outside, soft, light and airy in the inside. Deep fry until golden brown. The honey will caramelize a little as these puppies fry and makes a great crust. Perfect for your next fish fry! I really liked this recipe a lot! In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and seasoning). Meal Planning. Regardless of what you call them, I think we can agree that, Fail ‍♀️ fyi, I forgot to take a pic of the green onions in the mixture below then when I added them to the batter, I forgot to snap the pic again… #bloggingwhilemoming. They are so light and airy and a tad sweet. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you … Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Ingredients makes about 20. To make dropping the batter into the oil  easier, I recommend an ice cream scoop with a spring release. Repeat until you’re out of batter. Thank you for the recipe. 1. (If a deep pot is used, the 1 teaspoon salt. After about 7 or 10 minutes turn once. Cornmeal (the main ingredient in this hush puppy recipe) salt, sugar (optional), flour, baking powder, milk, egg, ground red pepper (cayenne), garlic powder, oil, red onions, and green onions are basically what I used in this recipe. I loathed hush puppies before these. You may as well double this recipe because you and your family or friends are going to gobble these up with the quickness. They are seriously addicting and I dare anyone to eat just one. But I am sure this would be a hit a my place. I made these in the morning and reheated them at lunch. Mix well and form into small balls (about the size of a quarter). 290159 submitted by pictureperfectmeals. 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) water. 1 pkg. 3/4 cup … Fry to a golden brown. Hush puppies are best served right after frying, however, you can make a batch ahead of time, cool completely and store in the fridge. I made a few different types. If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! We all enjoyed these with our baked fish! Hush Puppies EveryDay with Rachael Ray. cayenne pepper 3 eggs (lightly beaten) 1½ cups buttermilk ¾ cup diced sweet onion 1 quart vegetable oil-Whisk first 5 ingredients together until the batter is just combined In a deep skillet, wok, electric frying pan or a proper deepfryer, heat your preferred deep-frying oil to 330F, slip hush puppies into hot oil, turn heat to low and fry in small batches until dark golden brown, about 4 minutes. It was quick, DELICIOUS, filled a craving and worked great using my oat milk. In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and seasoning). The batter is deep fried until golden brown. Save this recipe for your next fish fry or make it anytime with fried whiting fish or crispy tuna patties! Repeat until you’re out of batter. YUM! Delicious! I hope y’all enjoy these wonderful hush puppies as much as we do! Sweet Hush Puppy Recipes. **See note below in the recipe card for more detailed important tips. Heat up in a microwave just before serving. I have never had this before. Set to the side for 10-15 minutes. Cook time: 20 mins. Sweet Butter. Drain on paper towels. Enjoyed thoroughly by all! The Best Sweet Hush Puppies Recipes on Yummly | Hush Puppies, Crisco® Hush Puppies, Hush Puppies ... sea salt, salt, baking powder, oil, honey and 8 more. I added a small finely chopped fresh jalapeno and about 3 T shredded cheddar cheese with a little dash of hot sauce. Add liquid gradually to dry ingredients and stir until the batter is thick. One goes like this. 3 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter. 5 out of 5. Also spelled hushpuppies, are deep-fried golden colored balls of cornmeal. Save this recipe for your next fish fry or make it anytime with, It’s possibly the only southern food I enjoy more than, They go well with all your favorite comfort foods including, Some of the internet seems to think the only difference is your zip code, others think that fritters are sweeter and flatter. Drain on a paper towel. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl and then incorporate green ingredients, adding honey and sweet potato. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I’m glad it worked out for ya! I first had these when Buddha first took me to his family's fishing spot on the lake. I can easily eat several of them. Drain on paper towel. Stir in the milk and beaten eggs into the dry mixture, along with red and green onions. Explore. This week I went on a search for a recipe for their hush puppies and found this recipe on another blog. Hushpuppies with Cinnamon-Honey Butter - Golden fried nuggets with an addictive sweet dipping sauce. These look so easy to make. These easy Hush Puppies are a popular Southern side dish of cornmeal batter deep-fried until golden brown and crispy. 2 tablespoons (18 grams) Gefen Cornstarch. **, Fail ‍♀️ fyi, I forgot to take a pic of the green onions in the mixture below then when I added them to the batter, I forgot to snap the pic again… #bloggingwhilemoming (photos 2-3). Food and Drinks. For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse my Side Dish Category. Set aside and keep at room temperature until ready to serve. Drop in a few more and cook, flipping if needed, until the hush puppies float and are golden all around, 2 to 4 minutes. Servings 6 Prep Time 5 Cook Time 10 minutes Ingredients 1/2 cup butter 4 tbsp honey milk 1 pinch cinnamon 1 pinch nutmeg Instructions Melt butter in a pot on the stove. Am I right? © Copyright 2020 - Crunchy Creamy Sweet - Privacy Policy. This dish can be the best-served dish as evening snacks, parties, sudden guests, and many … I’m so surprised at how much they puff up when you cook them! I’m continuing with a recent foray into southern comfort food today after [last week’s] buttermilk coleslaw and the week before last, mashed potatoes with delicious sweet hush puppies recipe. In a bowl, whisk together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. 6-8. Of course Hush puppies are great for snacking too! Total Time: 15 minutes. 0 / Sweet hushpuppies are one of the demanding snacks for all food lovers of all ages. Total time: 30 mins. YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER SOUTHERN RECIPES: Filed Under: Comfort Recipes, Recipe Index, SIDES, Soul food recipes, Southern Recipes. Super delicious also. Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. These hush puppies  are crisp on the outside, soft, light and airy in the inside. The first time I had Hush Puppies I was completely hooked. Try serving the hush puppies with honey butter, honey mustard or pepper jelly for an added sweet touch. A quintessential Southern side dish, Sweet Corn Hushpuppies are made with cornmeal, sweet corn, and onions. Heat 2 inches (minimum) of oil to 375F. Leave a comment below! Repeat until you’re out of batter. Picky Eaters Recipes. This Hush Puppies recipe is one of our favorites! I didn’t have green or purple onions, so I used ~3/4 C finely chopped yellow onions. April is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”, They are bite sized, delicious and easy to make! (photo 1), 2. Combine the dry ingredients – flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder in one bowl. In a smaller bowl or measuring glass cup, whisk wet ingredients. Serve them at a fish … Thank you so much! Drop by spoonful into hot deep fat. These hush puppies are THE BEST! Add water and beer and form into a … to make the hushpuppies: Place a skillet over high heat. We’re making them with jalapeños next time! The honey butter works really well with the sweetness of both the crab and the sweetcorn and the thyme stops it from straying into that strange sweet with savoury territory. Bites of corn batter fried until crisp on the outside and tender and fluffy inside! To fry up, in a large cast iron pan or dutch oven, heat 1 quart of oil to 365°F. 1/3 cup (33 grams) finely chopped scallions vegetable oil, as needed. Very easy to make and fun to eat! Drop 5-6 tablespoon sized balls into the oil. try this delicious honey butter syrup recipe. Add honey and vanilla (and cinnamon if using). Shan’s sweet take is pretty good too- and it’s not too sweet where you think it’s going to be dessert. Thank you so much Beth!! Cook time: 5 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 6 to 8. Remove with a slotted spoon. Thank you for stopping by! I am wondering if I can skip some of the ingredients in your recipe and use Jiffy muffin mix. Instructions. These Hush Puppies are a perfect and easy dish for breakfast, lunch, dinner or especially a snack! By Megan December 9, 2013. Hush Puppies with Corn: try adding ½ cup - 1 cup of corn kernels to the batter for more texture and flavor. . We love to them with fried whiting fish. See the photo below for visual reference. 8 ounces all-purpose flour. These are the best hush puppies ever! Try it with your next fish fry. Instructions In a skillet, melt the butter. Your email address will not be published. Cornmeal, green onions, red onions, flour and milk are some of the ingredients in this recipe. Drop large metal tablespoons of mix in hot oil and cook about 3 minutes and flip cooking about 3 more minutes on the other side. Drain on paper towel. They are most commonly served with fried seafood or bbq. You can make honey butter by whipping butter with honey and a little heavy cream. The batter is based on cornmeal and buttermilk although you can easily make a homemade version with half and half (or whole milk) and vinegar. pictureperfectmeals.com. Advertisement. Serves. 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 ounce sea salt 1/2 ounce sugar 2 pounds alligator filet 6 ounces duck bacon 6 ounces country ham 1-pint vegetable oil, for frying Honey Datil Sauce: 2 teaspoons (8 grams) Haddar Baking Powder. Carolina style hush puppies w/honey butter: now frying up at Clover. Jiffy's Hush Puppy Recipe, You're going to love these. When the oil is hot, drop the batter 1 Tbsp at a time into the hot oil. Hi, I'm Anna! Stir until well combined. Fishers were frying up their catch for the day, they’d throw scraps of fried cornmeal to their howling dogs while saying, “hush puppy!” Interesting huh? Cajun Hush Puppies Recipe… The first step in making them is to combine the dry ingredients – flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder in one bowl. Today I will show you how easy and quick it is to make this popular southern snack! 4 ounces milk. Article from kitchensjoi.blogspot.com. Getting ready to make it again tonight. Beat egg and sugar with a mixer-just enough to make sure it's mixed well. Very easy to make and fun to eat! Make sure to save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later and while you are there, follow me! I don’t think they are sweet though. Updated recipe from 3/4 cup of milk to 1/2 cup. I like to use sugar in mine but feel free to eliminate the sugar or add half the called amount. Stir in onion, egg and corn. If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on, so I can check it out and leave a comment! Sweet Hush Puppies. Cook Time: 5 minutes. Hush Puppies with Corn: try adding ½ cup - 1 cup of corn kernels to the batter for more texture and flavor. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25241/vickis-hush-puppies In a smaller bowl or measuring glass cup, whisk wet ingredients (egg and buttermilk). Add self rising cornmeal and flour. 1 cup corn meal; 1 cup flour; 4 tsp baking powder; 1/2 tsp salt; 1/4 cup sugar; 1 egg; 1 cup milk; 1/4 cup oil; oil for frying; Instructions. The batter is then deep fried until golden brown. Bite sized, delicious and easy to make! Drop 5-6 tablespoon sized balls into the oil. Add liquid gradually to dry ingredients and stir until the batter is thick. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes or until tender. Recipe by 2Bleu. Serve them with honey butter or tartar sauce. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with. This recipe for hush puppies is on the sweeter side, but they are nowhere near as sweet as a doughnut. If you make this sweet hush puppy recipe I’d love to know! And of course no hush puppies are complete without a big smear of honey butter! Once done, transfer to a bowl and mash them up. 3. This is a great base recipe. ***See notes below in the recipe. The information below is an estimate. I usually have that on hand. https://ohsweetbasil.com/honey-butter-fried-corn-fritters-recipe https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/222243/buttermilk-hush-puppies Submit a Recipe … In a large deep cast iron or dutch oven, heat 2 quarts of oil to 365°F.

Great Pond Snail Size, Broccoli Soup Without Cream, Hidden Lake Trail, Cvs Pharmacy Tech Salary Per Hour, Evanescence Acoustic Chords, Prevention Of Common Cold, Noctua Nh D15 Won't Screw, National Aerospace Standards Distributor, Canon Xa11 Review, La Valse D'amelie Meaning, Tomatoes On The Vine Walmart,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.