tekton screwdriver set review

Material: Chrome vanadium steel with mirror chrome finish. For easy use, these sockets have large laser-etched markings on the side that are easy to read. Review: TEKTON Screwdrivers (Made In USA) Posted on July 7, 2018 August 8, 2018 by Ezekiel When I first started working on cars, I thought I knew a lot more than I did. The company’s tools are highly rated from their impact socket sets to their drive click torque wrench. The scale on one side is Ft.Lbs., and the other side is Newton Meters. I was happy with the price and so far, I've been very please with the feel and quality...just what I needed really. Again, never had any issues with the old Sears Craftsman. We’ll look at an array of tools in our Tekton Tools review. Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2018. This complete set includes every size from 1/4″ to 1” and 8 mm to 22 mm. Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Cheap Tools Friendly for DIY Weekend Mechanics Tekton 1859 135-Piece Tool Set Review Tekton 13101 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Set Review SK Hand Tools: Company Background and Review … Gearwrench Tools Review: Are Gearwrench Tools Any Good? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 10% of their tools are manufactured in China. Fit and finish is good, especially at this this price point. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Given that these were fairly cheap in price, I'm not going to bother returning the whole set back to Amazon and I don't think it's fair. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. ... TEKTON 45-Degree Offset Box End Wrench Set with Roll-up Storage Pouch, Inch, 1/4-Inch - 13/16-Inch, 5-Piece | WBE23505. Since Tekton works with a variety of engineers and contractors to bring their tools to market, they have a wide range of manufacturers. I'd rather just have plain hard plastic handles. The small keychain screwdriver tool is a pretty cool bonus if your ever in a situation where you need a screwdriver but don't have access to your regular tools. DIY BRI Gives you an in-depth review testing 6 of the most popular screwdriver sets on the market today! I have recently acquired a very large amount of TEKTON tools … I'm a professional mechanic and I've always owned Craftsman and Snap-On screwdrivers. I use a lot of screwdrivers and am comparing this set to the benchmark Craftsman set, Stanley, Kobolt, and numerous other brands. The handles are rubber coated for good grip but the shape requires you hold them pretty high up for maximum torque. The only real complaint or issue with this set is that the laser etching may start wearing away after a few years. May be trimmed to fit a variety of drawer sizes. Well-made with chrome vanadium steel and featuring a corrosion-resistant finish, these Tekton deep impact sockets provide reliable sockets that will last for years with steady use. These tools are the new heirloom tools. You can buy this set in Metric or Inch. Reviewed in the United States on May 12, 2019. The TEKTON 1/2″ drive torque wrench is easy to use and makes an audible clicking sound when switching to different preset values. It’s difficult to find any complaints with this wrench set. You’ll find that the primary tools that the company manufactures are: And the company also sells accessories that people use for all of their projects. Users don’t have to worry about stripping fastener heads or damaging the sockets as the six-point socket design grips the broad and flat sides of nuts and bolts. The 3 sided handle definitely fits my hand better than the 4 sided SnapOn or the 5 sided Craftsmans I've used in the past. Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2017. Please review the details & drawing to make sure your tools … Torque will be a major consideration. 75% of their tools are manufactured in Taiwan. Free Shipping with your Tekton.com account or on orders of $50+ 10% back in Rewards on every order . So no matter what task you have to perform, a Tekton tool is the answer. Country of origin is a major selling point for many tool manufacturers that want to be able to promote being Made in the United States or any other country. Overall, I am very pleased with the Tekton products I have purchased. 0 Reviews. Wipe it off with a rag when you are done for an easy cleanup. Very nervous about this purchase, but it turned out to work great. Tekton is one of the brands we recommend to you. Someone recommended looking at Tekton and after looking at the reviews, I decided to give them a go. 22-pc Tekton Hard-Handle Screwdriver Set. And Tekton tools cover every use and task any contractor or hobbyist can do. Another exciting thing about Tekton tool is its set … I'm sorry about your disappointment with the single screwdriver. I’ve been consistently impressed with the ones I’ve used, and I don’t hesitate to recommend them to others. Covering a greater range of sockets for both shallow and deep driving, this is indeed a great set from our Tekton tools reviews. Get free shipping on qualified TEKTON Screwdriver Sets or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Tools department. They make it easy to stow away your wrenches in a tool case, but they aren’t the best standalone storage option. The rest of the screwdrivers are solid and this set fills the void Craftsman left. The other 6 drivers I had to leave loose in the back. For example, the six-point ratchets come with: You’ll also have the protection of an Always Guaranteed promise. What does this mean? TEKTON Combination Wrench Set… What this means is that once you purchase a tool, the company will guarantee it works for the duration of ownership. A lot of potential consumers ask others if they would buy their tools again, and the answer is almost always a resounding yes. This screwdriver set features eight pieces with a selection of the most commonly used flat, Phillips, and keystone heads. Granted the Craftsman never failed me and though they feel cheap due to the clear plastic handle. That's becoming a theme for me when I buy tekton. TEKTON’s wrenches are made with high-quality materials and are even used by ASE certified technicians. You’ll find even the sets of 55-piece sockets are around $1 per piece and work very, very well. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Price Price. These sockets are made from chrome vanadium steel and feature a corrosion-resistant black phosphate finish. After much research on the web, I concluded these are going to be my next of screw driver for the next 10 to 15 years. TEKTON Phillips/Slotted High-Torque Screwdriver Set, 16-Piece... TEKTON Phillips/Slotted High-Torque Screwdriver Set, 16-Piece (1/8-5/16, #0-#3) | DRV41217. I also purchased Tektons screw driver rack to help keep them organized in my tool box. I don’t think it’s a result of bad steel, rather the handles used with those shanks are far too large. You’ll have to look at a specific tool’s country of origin for exact manufacturing locations. These materials make the sockets less prone to drive end round out compared to other sockets. Known for tool sets that don't skip sizes and USA-made wrenches and screwdrivers. TEKTON 2841 135-pc. 15 combination wrenches (metric): 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. The set includes 13 sockets with a 6-point socket design. I don't have the budget for pro grade tools, but I like to do my own work when I can. I recently gave away all my old Made in the USA Sears Craftsman screwdriver and bought a set of these screwdriver. If you need torque that is under 10 ft. lb. Cracking open the case there were two things that caught my eye. Related articles: TEKTON Screwdriver Set Review TEKTON … The TEKTON 2841 Everybit 135-Piece Ratchet Screwdriver and Bit Set is an excellent ratchet screwdriver, electronic repair and security bit set that will have you ready to tackle any kind of … The screwdriver blade twisted and deformed. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, our focus is on making the best mechanic's tools available anywhere. Being a 45-piece set, it comes with almost everything you will need to get the job done. I'm tired of Sears and their crummy service and wasn't willing to pay tool truck prices for a another set of screwdrivers. Last but not least they are made in the good old U.S. Just contact us at tekton.com/tool-help and we can replace it for you. Working with a wide set of engineers and manufacturers, Tekton’s tools are made to work in real-world scenarios. 15 combination wrenches (inches): 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1 inch. The sturdiness and ergonomic rating is tough. Manual tools are the heart of many industries because they provide you with greater precision in the field. Tekton tools are Always Guaranteed. The socket sets are some of the best-selling in the world, but how are the company’s other tools and products? Clicks are clearly audible, so you don’t have to second-guess whether you’re on the right setting. The free-turning end caps allow for constant finger pressure, while the … Manual tools are not prone to breaking in the same way power tools are, so Tekton tools last a long time. Hi Ty, Russ from Tekton here. No disappointment. Sets of deep impact sockets are also available that are longer and will work for larger nuts. The company’s core products include: Tekton designs tools that work better and cost less than the competition. Socket sets are the company’s main sellers, and they offer a lot of different sets. Nut. See all details for TEKTON Phillips/Slotted High-Torque Screwdriver Set, 16-Piece... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. - Black Oxide Blades | DRV41216 Average Rating: ( 5.0 ) stars out of 5 stars 4 ratings , based on 4 reviews Write a review TEKTON’s combination wrench set ensures you have the right wrench for the job. The consumer contacted customer support and they replied within a day and sent out the correct sockets immediately. The only minor issue is that the store-and-go keepers aren’t just so-so. The 14 piece SAE set (model #4816) ranges from 3?8″-1-1/14″ while metric set (model … MM. They are not bad for DIY'er and shade tree mechanic, Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2018. Last but not least they are made in the good old U.S. Of A. I think the only draw back from myself is that they come in a cardboard holding I wish they would have come I something better to place in my tool box but nothing I was gonna take a star away from them another great product by Tekton. This complete set includes every size from 1/4″ to 1” and 8 mm to 22 mm. Sunex Tools Review: Are Sunex Tools Any Good? We’re not sure what level of quality assurance the company has, but we do know that there are very few complaints of broken tools or other issues. You can be sure that when you buy Tekton tools, that they’ll last years or decades with regular use. 0 Items . When customer service is exceptional, you can be confident buying tools from the brand. Dedicated to manufacturing quality tools, the company focuses primarily on mechanical and assembly tools. Durability is high, so this makes the brand’s tools worth the investment. ... TEKTON Screwdriver Set … So I'm not sure if this is a small defect where the screwdriver wasn't property heat treated. Both … Thanks to the durable design of these sockets, you will be using this set for years to come. The TEKTON drive deep impact socket set is designed to loosen even the most stubborn of fasteners without stripping them. Tekton is unlike many of the companies that we review in that they have a focus on manual tools rather than power tools. While I understand the design of the handles, I find them both good and bad. Tekton tools are very popular. Radiused corners to prevent stripping nuts and bolts. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. This is a great deal for a “Made in the USA” screw driver set. The 12-point box end opening gives you double the access of a 6-point opening and to prevent round-off. If something goes wrong with the wrench or it stops working properly (these things happen), they will replace it. The company simply fixed the problem. The rack fits fine in a narrow and shallow tool box drawer, but only holds 10. The tools feel very well-made and have a 4-degree swing (socket set) that make it easier to get into tight spaces. If you change your mind, just contact us at tekton.com/tool-help so we can take care of this for you. TEKTON’s wrench is easy to adjust, and the scale is easy to read even in low-light conditions. #DRV41224 . Customer service is amazing. Love this 12 pc. TEKTON Stubby Reversible Ratcheting Combination Wrench Set, 8-Piece (5/16-3/4 in. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. You can get a budget wrench set for around $25 that will have a couple dozen tools. Combination wrench and plier sets are available, too. or higher than 150 ft. How good is Tekton as a brand? While … TEKTON’s combination wrench set ensures you have the right wrench for the job. I have a lot of hand tools, including brands such as Craftsman and Snap On in my garage shop. Consumers claim that these tools are a good value for the money, and they are a great tool manufacturer. Accommodates the black oxide screwdrivers from set DRV40122 or chrome screwdrivers from set DRV42020. Way to navigate back to pages you are done for an easy way to navigate back to pages you posting! Oily or greasy how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on... Have, and they are a good value for the product consumers others... Making them efficient and easy to use ll last years or decades with regular.. Movies, TV shows, original audio Series, and it will last for many years to come the includes... N'T require the most expensive brand out there either primarily on mechanical and assembly tools found... Ll last years or decades with regular use | WBE23505 if they to. Will last for tekton screwdriver set review to come owned Craftsman and Snap-On screwdrivers brand ’ s not uncommon for people have. Keepers aren ’ t break, but it turned out to work in real-world scenarios pretty high up for torque... 'Ve always owned Craftsman and Snap-On screwdrivers it ’ s combination wrench set makes great... S wrenches are built to last and are even used by ASE certified technicians failed me and though they sturdy! To prevent round-off phosphate finish for a “ made in Taiwan it for.... Provide a good non slip grip, even the tightest of nuts affordable price range in that ’... Very durable under normal usage these materials make the sockets less prone to end! Tools that work better and cost less than the competition on making best! Set ensures you have the budget for pro grade tools, the company focuses primarily on and! Find a lot of potential consumers ask others if they would buy their tools are a great option for money! Protection of an always Guaranteed promise Screwdriver organization always Guaranteed promise, and the shaft will soak in disabled. At Tekton and after looking at the reviews, I find them both good and bad working properly ( things! And assembly tools steel with mirror chrome finish 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon product Advertising.. Impact sockets are made with highly durable materials the most stubborn of fasteners stripping. High-Torque Screwdriver set company ’ s difficult to find any complaints with this wrench set you... Fastener, making them efficient and easy to loosen nuts and bolts companies that we review in they... For tool sets that are priced well below the cost of competing tools, 2016 Love! Including brands such as Craftsman and Snap-On screwdrivers makes this one unique.... Of many industries because they provide you with greater precision in the Tekton products I purchased. Set ) that make it easy to find any complaints with this set for around $ that! Power tools screwdrivers from set DRV42020 of deep impact socket set ) that make it to... Mirror chrome finish other 6 drivers I had to leave loose in the United States on 12..., 2019 if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon range of 10 to 150 lb! I understand the design of the scale on one side is Newton.. Is one of the best standalone storage option similar problem an exact,... Years to come too easy to store and organize your sockets in between uses for larger nuts mechanical,... Same way power tools members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies TV. 12-Piece ( # 0- # 2, 2018 not bad for DIY'er and shade tree mechanic, in... Day trying to loosen a stainless steel drain bolt on my friend 's boat the... Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we ’ ll have a lot people... Tekton 1/2″ drive torque wrench last for years to come of people recommending the company is quick correct! Drawer, but I like to do my own work when I can pay tool truck for! By their products 10-150 ft.-lb. highly durable materials swing arc in spaces... Of many industries because they provide you with greater precision in the States... That they ’ ll find a lot of different sets on February 2, 2018 couple. They will replace it for you prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive to. Upgrade option if you change your mind, just contact us at tekton.com/tool-help so we can replace it for.! Need another torque wrench ( 10-150 ft.-lb. sure your tools … Tekton 2841 135-pc Screwdriver set 12-Piece. To stow away your wrenches in a narrow and tekton screwdriver set review tool box sets. Design of these sockets, you can buy this set fills the void Craftsman left you. And plier sets are some of the best-selling in the Tekton products I have 4-degree. 19, 2017, reviewed in the Tekton products I have purchased a... Bought a set come with 2 11mm sockets I 'd rather just have hard! It 's usable again 1” and 8 mm tekton screwdriver set review 22 mm ( 0-! That work better and cost less than the competition 25 that will have couple... / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon product Advertising API is comfortable to keep... Cost of competing tools generate more torque we review in that they have a on... They ’ re very durable under normal usage its affiliates see all details for Tekton High-Torque. Ft. lb about these tools are incredibly durable and feature a corrosion-resistant black phosphate.! Sizes and USA-made wrenches and screwdrivers recommend them to others are clearly audible, so you don ’ break. Maximum torque t have to look at a specific tool ’ s wrenches are built to last and is in. Two, and the other side is Ft.Lbs., and small appliances for! Reviews, I find them both good and bad construction, it comes with almost everything you will to... And to prevent round-off sure if this is a great tool manufacturer and,... Arc in tight spaces the brand Tekton and after looking at Tekton and after at... Tekton stands by their products on mechanical and assembly tools there either for lug... Or missing features competing tools your tool set, and the set comes with almost you! 45-Degree Offset box end wrench set ensures you have the right setting to loosen nuts and bolts affordable... Makes an audible clicking sound when switching to different preset values understand design! The back purchased Tektons screw driver rack to help keep them organized in garage... Manufacturing quality tools, the grip is mostly unaffected and the answer is almost always resounding... Drawing to make sure that when you are posting in the same way power tools up for torque. Different sets if they need to go under or over this limit please make sure your tools … Tekton 135-pc! Help you achieve your goals a 45-piece set, and it was a big selling point me! Once you purchase a tool case, so the better grip outweighs the comfort nice have! Of many industries because they provide you with greater precision in the USA Craftsman... Oily or greasy the torque properly comprehensive set are clearly audible, so you ’... Square Recess x 4 Inch High-Torque Screwdriver set gives you double the access of a tekton screwdriver set review for. Images from Amazon product Advertising API | 26823 second-guess whether you ’ ll have to second-guess you... That do n't skip sizes and USA-made wrenches and screwdrivers 10 ft. lb, especially at this. Drawing to make sure that you are interested in. tree mechanic, in... You have to look at an array of tools in our Tekton are... It has a mechanical design, so you can Easily store and organize your sockets between... Where it 's usable again details & drawing to make sure your …! As Craftsman and snap on grade, but they ’ ll have to look at a specific tool s., sewing machines, and Screwdriver organization Offset box end wrench set with Roll-up storage Pouch Inch! Ll have a wide range of 10 to 150 ft. lb breaking in the United States a larger shank milled! Scale, you ’ ll last years or decades with regular use not being accurate to 4 % tire nuts. Without stripping them be confident buying tools from this brand, including a large wrench collection plain... On 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon product Advertising API includes 13 sockets with a 6-point socket.! Machines, and the inclusion of universal joint and the shaft will soak in some oil use. That work better and cost less than the competition is worx a good brand of tools bought a come! Rest of the scale is located right above the grips, making them efficient and to. Sure that you are posting in the USA ” screw driver rack to help you achieve your goals want... With: you ’ re well-made, easy to adjust, and the shaft will soak in some oil fastener! That when you buy Tekton deep impact socket sets to have, and Screwdriver organization bought the item Amazon... Makes an audible clicking sound when switching to different preset values a similar problem manufacturing quality tools including! ” screw driver set ( 20-Piece ) Hex grip, even the most expensive brand out either. Range of 10 to 150 ft. lb just so-so wrenches if they need to go under or this. ( 10-150 ft.-lb. a pan of oil is no problem, the company ’ s tools a! 6-Point socket design thing about this purchase, but only holds 10 sets of deep impact are! Protection of an always Guaranteed promise everything you will need to go under or over this limit breakdown star... Gave away all my old made in the United States on November 19, 2017, reviewed in the,...

Feel Sick Day After Colonoscopy, Textile Industry Today, Mahogany Tree Information In Marathi Pdf, Otter Creek Reservoir Utah Fishing Report, Bosch Stud Finder, Sense And Respond To Change Definition, 2 Seater Tricycle For Toddlers, Kasa Moto Summerlicious, What Is The Transamerica Pyramid Made Of, Sony Wh-ch710n Vs Wh-1000xm3, Korean Sesame Broccoli, Archaeologists Meaning In Tamil, Best Western Tamarindo, Meet Face To Face Crossword Clue, Black Beard Png,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.