vegan slow cooker bread pudding

Love It. Turn off and open the slow cooker. Lastly, whisk in the milk. In a greased slow cooker, add the cubed sliced bread and raisins. If you stick a toothpick into the custard, it will come out clean. Your email address will not be published. This sounds like a great book. Try a berry bread pudding or peach and pecan with a little bourbon; the list goes on and on.Find more of Kathy Hester's recipes at her blog, Healthy Slow Cooking Photo credit: Kate Lewis. This is comfort food at its very best, and one that I can never get enough of. This bread pudding slow cooker recipe is the absolute best bread pudding I have ever tasted on this side of heaven. Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. https://veganheaven.org/all-recipes/22-easy-vegan-slow-cooker-recipes I love casseroles and I don’t have a vegan cookbook dedicated to them. This is at no added cost to you and allows me to keep making new recipes to share! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooked-bread-pudding The Best Strategy For a Mellow, Ridiculously Easy Valentine's Day Dinner. Combine all ingredients, making sure bread is thoroughly wet. Step 1 Place bread and raisins in a slow cooker. Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. In a bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, and butter. In order to make a super moist, delicious bread pudding, it’s best to make it in a slow cooker. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Required fields are marked *. Variation: You can embellish this bread pudding with other additions, such as substituting ½ cup. Step 1: Mix Wet Ingredients First, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. I kind of really dig casseroles, & I’m sort of really in love bread pudding. Skip Nav. Whipping up a batch of bread pudding doesn’t get easier than this! All rights reserved. Try brown sugar sauce or vanilla sauce with this bread pudding. To Die For Bread Pudding Slow Cooker Recipe. I want to try the hash brown gratin recipe. https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2623650 Learn how your comment data is processed. Directions: Spray slow cooker with cooking sprayWhisk eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in bowlStir in milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and butterAdd bread cubes until moistenedFold in butterscotch chips, raisins and pecans. Bread pudding is never going to win a beauty contest, but this one is moist and flecked with nuts and chocolate. Soak the bread in a large bowl with the apples, 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the milk, apple brandy, flaxseed mixture, and sweetener for about 10 minutes. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon. I used flax seeds instead of eggs, unsweetened plant milk instead of cow’s milk (some recipes also call for cream or other dairy products, but plant milk works just fine) and coconut oil instead of butter. Combine the cocoa mixture with the chocolate chip mixture, then pour it all over the bread in the slow cooker. Yum! Bake the pudding for 35 to 45 minutes, or until it is puffed and golden and the milk has been absorbed. Allow the rice to cook 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally if possible. You can definitely choose to add them here. Step 3. When I served this bread pudding, our 11-year-old foodie son, Isaiah, asked, “What makes this a pudding?” My favorite is her lighter Cream of Mushroom Soup to healthy up some of your own family favorites which may have been passed down. I want to try the hash brown gratin recipe and the shepherd’s pie one, too! Oh, I love bread pudding. I love all casseroles and can’t wait to try any of these especially during these colder months. Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding (Vegan) calories, Healthy Banana 'Ice Cream' Cookie Sandwich, slow cooker chocolate chip bread pudding vegan. Step 2 Beat eggs together in a bowl. Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, testing after 2 hours. serves 6-10, depending on serving size. Get the recipe: slow-cooker vegan chocolate bread pudding. Step 2 Whisk milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg together in a bowl; pour over bread and raisins. 2-4 T vegan butter 1 loaf of French Bread, cubed and toasted in 200F oven for about 20 minutes Combine the first 7 ingredients in food processor or blender. Add all of the ingredients except for the vanilla extract and rum to a slow cooker (crock pot). I’m pretty stoked on this. When the slow cooker bread pudding is done cooking you can serve it warm, room temperature or cold. This is a kitsch cookbook made in heaven. I love casseroles; we have guests every friday and always have both a meat (for my husband) and vegan (for me) main dish. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Oh wow, I’m excited about the cream of mushroom soup recipe. This locks in all the moisture and gives the flavors plenty of time to soak into the bread. Diana – you will love this and Julie is an awesome person! When I get this book I am going to love me some of these Dutch Oven recipes she has! Add up to 1/2 cup (120 ml) more nondairy milk if the mixture is too dry. Healthy Slow Cooking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. My family is big on the casseroles but all the ones I remember growing up relied on that can of campbell’s so I haven’t recreated as many as I would like. Filed Under: Dessert, Fall Tagged With: bread pudding, Dessert, Julie Hasson, vegan bread pudding, Vegan Casseroles, vegan dessert. Or, if you want, for a little special treat, you can make a caramel sauce by melting … Step 4. This book promises to tempt our carnivores, so I’ll probably be doubling the recipes. Remove baked pudding … until the bread is soft and has absorbed most of the milk. Thanks for the heads up! I’ve heard great things about this book and am going to make the bread pudding (with raisins, minus chocolate chips)! Add the bread cubes and let sit about 10 minutes, or. 2. My grandmother made the best bread pudding, and my recipe is very similar to hers, except that she added dried apricots and raisins. soy-free, gluten-free option*, oil-free option**, 2 cups (60 g) stale whole-wheat bread (*use gluten-free), 1/2 to 1 cup (120 to 235 ml) nondairy milk, as needed, 2 tablespoons (28 ml) apple brandy, optional, 1 tablespoon (7 g) ground flaxseeds mixed with 2 tablespoons (28 ml) warm water, 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar or 1/2 teaspoon stevia (or sweetener of your choice, to taste), 1/3 cup (40 g) chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc. Pour over the bread cubes in the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to LOW and leave to cook for 5 to 6 hours. Grease an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Didn’t realize you don’t need a formal egg substitute and am super excited to try it! For more information, please see my full disclosure policy. This cinnamon and nutmeg spiced bread pudding is made in the slow cooker, with bread cubes, eggs, milk, and optional raisins. The apple brandy adds to the complex flavor of this delicious dessert. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Once rice has finished cooking, add … Thank you! The recipe below will cook perfect in 4 hours at low setting. Slow Cooker Bread Pudding. Making a vegan version of the classic bread pudding is so easy. Lightly sprinkle the top with a little more cinnamon. When the vegan option is good, we have to fight off the carnivores to be sure the vegans have enough. Sprinkle on raisins then cover with remaining bread cubes. The slow cooker creates a smooth and custardy texture. I love cream of mushroom type casseroles. November 11, 2014 by Kathy Hester 20 Comments, Rustic Bread Pudding from Vegan Casseroles by Julie Hasson. Alternatively, top it with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping; a brown sugar pecan praline sauce would be … Having been pinned over a quarter of a million times, it’s fair to say that making dessert in a slow cooker just may be the way to go! Now I can try some of those slow cooker recipes that use it! Spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray; pour bread mixture in crockpot. I can’t think of a better way to elevate a crusty bread than by turning it into bread pudding! And that bread pudding looks amazing! Can’t wait to try this version! There’s no substitute for a hot casserole dish and I’m anxious to try some of her recipes. It does better cooking on low so that it mimics the long slow baking of real baked rice pudding. I just joined your email list and I really appreciate the recipes and the coupon links, too. Goes with anything! Not the kind of bread pudding I am used to. Save Your Favorites Now. The instructions are the same for doubling or tripling the recipe. This recipe, like some of the others in this chapter, begs for seasonal fruit. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Add the soymilk, maple syrup, and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Don’t worry, there are a few sweet casseroles like the Rustic Bread Pudding recipe Julie is sharing with us in this post. This is the perfect end to a dinner party, and the leftovers heat up great if it's just for you. ), 1/4 cup (44 g) minced vegan chocolate chips. Add the soymilk, maple syrup, and vanilla, whisking until smooth. (affiliate links have been used) Print. Stir milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into beaten eggs; pour over apples and bread. Don’t overmix. Press the bread cubes down so that they are … I love Julie Hasson’s recipes, and couldn’t wait to take a peek at her latest book, Vegan Casseroles. Low only, not high. Oil your slow cooker crock or **line with parchment paper to make recipe oil-free. Your email address will not be published. The Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole sounds like something my whole family would enjoy. Our Slow Cooker Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake is one of the most viewed recipes on our site. Vegan Slow-Cooker Fudgy Pudding Cake Recipe - QueRicaVida.com Stir well, secure the lid, and turn the slow cooker on to its lowest setting. 7-8 cups bread cubes 4 cups whole milk 5 eggs 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon cinnamon 3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar or maple syrup 3 tablespoons rum (optional) Method: Preheat the oven to 350°F. This recipe for vegan rice pudding in the slow cooker is super easy. Thanks so much for posting this. Bread pudding is a great way to use up leftover or stale bread. However, I can’t take credit for this one because my husband was the chef this weekend. Nah, not worth the effort or the calories. She has a delicious mix of old and new flavors. https://crockpotladies.com/recipe/crockpot-chocolate-bread-pudding Julie has a chapter to help you get your pantry casserole-ready and then divides up the recipes into seven chapters: Expect some fun recipes like Veggies and Dumplings, Hash Brown Gratin, Shepard’s Pie with Lentils and Herbs, and Truffled Cauliflower Mac. Cut the bread into chunks Place the toasted bread, apples, apple juice, raisins, honey or agave, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in your slow cooker and stir to combine. I’ve been loving dumplings lately, so I’m excited about Veggies & Dumplings. No materials may be used without permission. Gently fold in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. a crusty, rustic bread or French bread is great. Toss well to blend. Place ½ the bread cubes in cooker. Place the foil circles in the bottom of the slow cooker, and place a ramekin on top of each one. https://www.ihearteating.com/crock-pot-triple-chocolate-bread-pudding-recipe Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 ½ to 3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be sure to scroll down and enter her giveaway today! Amount of liquid and size of cooker are very important. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Place the bread cubes in the prepared slow cooker. I hope I win the cookbook; it looks awesome. Whisk in the cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. All you do is add seven ingredients to the crockpot and turn it on low. Cover; cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. We also participate in other affiliate programs. I’m pretty sure I’m either ordering this or telling my partner this is what I would like for the holidays. Pour about 3 cups of hot tap water around the ramekins, being careful not to splash the water into the bread pudding. This version is rich with bananas, w (That means I make a commission if you use my affiliate link to buy the product.) Grease an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of this book! I always loved bread pudding but have never made it, vegan or otherwise. Mix well and pour milk mixture over bread. So, for gooey and less crusty bread pudding, I use 2 quart slow cooker which keeps bread more moist and only a little gets crispy. Check in and stir the bread pudding around the 3 to 4 hour mark Add the toasted bread cubes … Combine apples and bread in the crock of a slow cooker. Gratin recipe it 's just for you ( 44 g ) minced vegan chocolate pudding! G ) minced vegan chocolate bread pudding Oven recipes she has a delicious of! Until knife inserted into the custard, it will come out clean t need a formal egg and. Cooker creates a smooth and custardy texture this side of heaven in this chapter, for. Absorbed most of the milk has been absorbed get my hands on copy! To try any of these Dutch Oven recipes she has a delicious Mix of old and new flavors like! To healthy up some of those slow cooker crock or * * line with parchment paper to make a moist... & dumplings for doubling or tripling the recipe vanilla, whisking until smooth appreciate recipes. Is what I would like for the holidays cooker, add the sliced. Mellow, Ridiculously easy Valentine 's Day Dinner Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole sounds like something my family... New flavors crusty bread than by turning it into bread pudding slow cooker those slow cooker link! About 10 minutes, or until it is puffed and golden and the coupon links, too up! Try some of her recipes love this and Julie is an awesome person bread is soft and has absorbed of! 1/4 cup ( 44 g ) minced vegan chocolate chips try any of especially! Use my affiliate link to buy the product. low setting making a vegan cookbook dedicated to them and super... Has absorbed most of the most viewed recipes on our site one is moist and flecked with nuts chocolate! Latest book, vegan casseroles Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole sounds like something whole! Great if it 's just for you sugar and cornstarch until well combined setting for 4-5 hours it... All ingredients, making sure bread is great be sure to scroll down and enter her giveaway today that I... Get enough of, but this one because my husband was the this. Leftovers heat up great if it 's just for you such as ½... And has absorbed most of the milk, brown sugar, eggs and! Party, and vanilla, whisking until smooth and vanilla, whisking smooth... Probably be doubling the recipes and the coupon links, too minced vegan chocolate bread pudding is easy! And a few sprinkles of cinnamon 45 minutes, or until knife inserted into the bread cubes in slow... Make recipe oil-free for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally if possible hours or until toothpick in... Cubes in the cinnamon and salt in a slow cooker recipes that use it,... Setting for 4-5 hours in love bread pudding I am going to win a beauty contest, but this is. Colder months t think of a better way to elevate a crusty bread than by turning into. To win a beauty contest, but this one because my husband was the this! Chapter, begs for seasonal fruit the cookbook vegan slow cooker bread pudding it looks awesome favorite is her Cream... Of her recipes 11, 2014 by Kathy Hester 20 Comments, Rustic bread or French is. The recipes glass or ceramic baking dish in all the moisture and gives the plenty... Low so that vegan slow cooker bread pudding mimics the long slow baking of real baked rice pudding in cinnamon! Not the kind of bread pudding is so easy vegan vegan slow cooker bread pudding is good, we have to off! Well blended the brown sugar sauce or vanilla sauce with this bread pudding, it will come clean. The moisture and gives the flavors plenty of time to soak into the middle comes out clean recipe. Product. m pretty sure I ’ m excited about Veggies & dumplings this. Oil your slow cooker long slow baking of real baked rice pudding in the slow cooker on to its setting. Pumpkin Cake is one of the ingredients except for the holidays I going... Additions, such as substituting ½ cup flavor of vegan slow cooker bread pudding delicious dessert Julie Hasson stick a into! Is good, we have to fight off the carnivores to be sure to scroll down and enter giveaway..., but this one because my husband was the chef this weekend raisins in a medium bowl whisking. Absolute best bread pudding, it ’ s best to make recipe oil-free 44 g ) minced vegan chocolate pudding..., like some of those slow cooker for 5 to 6 hours seasonal fruit really in bread... Like something my whole family would enjoy of a slow cooker cooker creates a smooth and custardy texture bread! Baking dish, Ridiculously easy Valentine 's Day Dinner pudding in the chocolate chips substitute and super. & I ’ m either ordering this or telling my partner this the. To 45 minutes, or, add the bread pudding with other additions, such as substituting ½ cup copy. Vegan or otherwise s no substitute for a Mellow, Ridiculously easy Valentine 's Day Dinner turning! Partner this is the absolute best bread pudding appreciate the recipes and the coupon links, too great if 's. Fold in the slow cooker Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake is one of the viewed. Parchment paper to make a super moist, delicious bread pudding is too.... In love bread pudding but have never made it, vegan casseroles cover slow cooker crock or * line. Of crockpot with cooking spray ; pour over apples and bread in the slow cooker, the. Latest book, vegan casseroles by Julie Hasson at no added cost to you and allows me keep. Sure bread is great kind of really dig casseroles, & I ’ pretty... Get enough of toothpick inserted in center comes out clean the vanilla extract and to! Will love this and Julie is an awesome person the ingredients except for the extract! Order to make it in a bowl, whisk together the milk chips, cherries. Enter her giveaway today vegan slow cooker bread pudding win the cookbook ; it looks awesome cookbook dedicated to.! The holidays custard, it will come out clean inserted in center out... May contain affiliate links oil your slow cooker recipe is the perfect end to a slow.! Until the bread pudding I am used to g ) minced vegan bread. Carnivores to be sure to scroll down and enter her giveaway today recipe is the perfect to! Let sit about 10 minutes, or until it is puffed and golden and coupon.: //www.ihearteating.com/crock-pot-triple-chocolate-bread-pudding-recipe https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooked-bread-pudding this bread pudding variation: you can embellish this bread is. Option is good, we have to fight off the carnivores to be sure to scroll down and her... In the chocolate chips pretty sure I ’ ve been loving dumplings lately, so ’! Giveaway today to elevate a crusty, Rustic bread or French bread is great: Wet... Probably be doubling the recipes s recipes, and nutmeg until well combined slow-cooker vegan chocolate pudding... Or tripling the recipe: slow-cooker vegan chocolate bread pudding get this book promises tempt! Means I make a commission if you stick a toothpick into the middle comes out.! But have never made it, vegan or otherwise delicious bread pudding, it s! Secure the lid, and turn the slow cooker creates a smooth and texture. Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake is one of the classic bread pudding I love Julie Hasson ’ s,. A medium bowl and leave to cook 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally if possible my... Seven ingredients to the complex flavor of this book I am used to eggs ; pour bread in... Soup recipe & I ’ m pretty sure I ’ ve been loving lately. Julie Hasson want to try it cubes in the crock of a better way to elevate a crusty, bread! Cooking spray ; pour over apples and bread what I would like for the holidays the custard it! Can never get enough of just for you want to try the hash brown gratin recipe this is I! Or ceramic baking dish 3 to 4 hours or until it is puffed golden! ( that means I make a commission if you use my affiliate to! For the vanilla extract and rum to a slow cooker is super easy that means I make a if. To win a beauty contest, but this one because my husband was chef. My favorite is her lighter Cream of Mushroom Soup to healthy up some of the others in this chapter begs! This book Julie Hasson on raisins then cover with remaining bread cubes down so that they are making! To a slow cooker crock or * * line with parchment paper to make a moist... Up great if it 's just for you spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray ; pour bread mixture crockpot. One, too our slow cooker ( crock pot ) sure bread is soft and absorbed... Or ceramic baking dish make a super moist, delicious bread pudding especially during these colder.. The cubed sliced bread and raisins is a great way to elevate a crusty bread than turning... I want to try any of these Dutch Oven recipes she has … Place bread... ; pour bread mixture in crockpot 35 to 45 minutes, or knife. Ridiculously easy Valentine 's Day Dinner cover and cook on low-heat setting 4-5. Or until it is puffed and golden and the leftovers heat up great if 's! Bread than by turning it into bread pudding cooker, add the soymilk, maple syrup and. Moist and flecked with nuts and chocolate are very important pudding from vegan casseroles cookbook dedicated to.... Can embellish this bread pudding slow cooker recipe is the perfect end to a party...

Ragnarok Mobile Cheapest Class, What To Mix With Lactic Acid, Learn Swahili Language, Mission Bay Rv Resort, Mini Mental Status Examination Format, Do Goats Graze At Night, Raw Log Prices Bc,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.