white particles coming out of ac vent

White dust on my hardwood floors coming I suspect from heat vents. Checked among other things, if the ac was not draining and put in a new air filter, but problem still continues. ... You need the kind with a hepa filter to get the small particles. How often do you use AC? Find your evaporator drain tube and spray the contents of the cleaner up the tube. Curious - where do you park your car (or what do you park under)? The white powdery stuff is just by products of the moisture in the air. :ugh3: I … We suspect that this is coming from the forced air registers in the ceiling, but we had the furnace checked by a heating contractor. Another possibility would be something that went down the vent or defroster, dried or decayed and is now coming out in. Hi all. So if you’re seeing black particles coming out of your air conditioner vents and you’re a fan of burning candles or your fireplace, the most likely culprit is soot. hi i have white dust coming from my ac vents all the time i changed the caben filter and still coming it has been over 3 weeks now and non of the auto place for reapears know any thin abute this white powder that's coming can you help. This may be a really stupid question...but I have noticed some white particles coming from my air vents. If you can see "white smoke" coming out from the air-con vent when u switched on the air-con. If you notice black dust around your air vents, this could be a sign of black mold growing within. Look at the air conditioning coil. They could not find a reason, but saw the white specks of (something), that was coming from my vents. Kizashi Club is your information resource for the Suzuki Kizashi. The ac works just fine, but the black pieces are everywhere. I also think it's the evaporator coil, but possibly due to mold. The black dust may be patchy and difficult to wipe off. I even had a piece of paper get in my mouth last night. Maybe someone is messing with you and put some kind of powder or talc as a prank? Musty Odors. I'm concerned with this since my wife and kids drive the car everyday. We have a 2007 Camry SE where there is a white dust being emitted from the AC/Heater vents. Kia makes a AC cleaner kit I'd recommend. Cold air flows out of the air conditioner, but the warmer air present inside and around the unit causes the formation of small droplets of water inside and around the vents and air ducts. When the ac unit was running the seal was loose and air would seep back into the attic around the vent. But the thing is those particles only come out the first time i use ac in the day For me it was kind of like that too. There is an abundant of white particles, similar to dust blowing out of the A/C vents. Smells horrible and yet mechanic can find nothing wrong. White sparkling powder comes out and covers the dash. If this substance is getting into the circulating air system, there could be a crack or hole in the heat exchanger, and that would be hazardous. Previous| Next>. It's blowing in my eyes and on my face. 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black). if I start with a low fan speed and then gradually turn fan to high it's okay. Open the furnace compartment. Checked among other things, if the ac was not draining and put in a new air filter, but problem still continues. Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Aeotus, Jul 1, ... Know this for a fact because I had a large 1 inch piece come out and saw where it came from. Hey Tony, my car did that too last time, but only once. White Particles Coming from AC Ducts. Kizashi Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting, Kizashi Classifieds, Sales, Finance and Insurance. Why Are Municipal Building Inspections Not Enough. ______________________________________________________. Drivers side vent. – Thomas Engineering Consultants. Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Solution: Use a better air filter. When the fan blows after the unit is turned on for the first time in years, parts of the rotted air filter blow out of the cooling vents. I have white particles coming from the AC vents in my Bounder. Remember that these fins get wet, that's how the A/C removes the humidity from the air in … Just had a authorized person to check my forced air system and he has said nothing wrong with my system. The particles literally cover the dash, seats, doors, everything! The dust can also be found in the air conditioning vents, tucked up against the windshield and on the front of the passenger window trim. I agree that it's not from the outside or the filter would trap it and it's not the filter itself. I talked to the service guys about it and they said they had one other person complain about the same issue. It was installed in basement with new metal ducts (exterior fiberglass insulation), metal lined return air and lined output plenum - horizontal furnace. Cold air flows out of the air conditioner, but the warmer air present inside and around the unit causes the formation of small droplets of water inside and around the vents and air ducts. Why the heck does this white dandruff-looking dust come out of all my vents every time I turn on the heat/AC? You don't smell anti-freeze when you use the heater, do you? UL has investigated hundreds of complaints regarding black particles and the HVAC system. 2012 Kizashi GTS 6MT, 2004 V-Strom 1000, 2008 Street Triple. Joan. Mine is more like a white smoke with dust particles coming out of the middle vents. Any funny smells? If that moisture builds up and never gets a chance to dry out, it can lead to mold growth. Tired of the white dust, Your email address will not be published. Combined with dust particles, this small quantity of water provides the perfect ground for mold infestation. Terrible smell coming from vents with ac or heat, not all the time. It is a considerable amount where you actually can see it build up on the dash. If your heating contractor failed to identify this, you should contact another heating contractor and should discontinue use of the system until you have a reliable evaluation. For most people, the white dust is nothing to be concerned about; however, it could be problematic for some people with allergy, asthma or other lung/sinus health … Should be the same for the Suzuki. It doesn't smell and stops after a few seconds, but it's a mess and makes my black interior look like Elvis with a scalp condition. Your A/C evaporator is the source of this white powder. Seems to occur more from one vent. Although there is cold air flowing out of the air conditioning system, the warmer air that is around and inside of the unit can cause small water droplets to form around and inside the air ducts and vent. I've even seen what looked like flakes of sheetrock on books. Insurance Company Says Electrical Fuses Are Unsafe, Should the Buyer be Present During the Home Inspection? If after replacing the air filters with new filters you still notice the air returns are blowing in dust, you should check the ductwork to be sure the ducting has not come apart or there is a leak at one of the duct seams. one is located on top or on the side (facing the seats, behind the center dash piece) of the air box in the dash, and the second is on the left side of the air box next to the radio module above the gas peddle. Won't buy another Ford. My A/C is almost always on...my car has the climate control system and it pretty much kicks on whenever I use defrost...and it doesn't automatically shut off. If the air filter is clogged with dust, then air flow is being choked off. i recently moved into an apartment complex and every time we turn on the air conditioner, it spits out litte black particles. If I turn on the fan full blast fine white ash like particles blow out for a 1/2 second, I have had a few enter my eye and had to pull over and wash out my eye. I am not sure what you mean by airing out the vents after using the A/C. U can also smell exhaust smoke in traffic. Required fields are marked *, America's Home Inspector: Nationally Syndicated Columnist. The problem has been going on for a while, seems to get worse in the summer months. The chemical reaction puts the white powder throughout the house. The dust normally has a grit to it rather than normal dust you’d find around the house. Retired, HVAC / Electrical Technician / Contractor 35-years Experience. Your topic may fit better under something else. When they started up the AC after repairing the generator, there was quite a lot of Styrofoam balls on the bed and floor in the rear of the motorhome. To do this, you should place filters inside the air registers where the problem is occurring. Your email address will not be published. (that's why it's everywhere instead of just in certain places). Black Dust Around Air Vents. Does it come out the defrosters as well as the vents or just the vents? We're experiencing a serious non-conformance events that inspector has found out some unkown powder were blowing out of room vents, which dropped on the floor like floc, and it could be pressed and grinded into white powder by your fingers. Read more. …With this small amount of water is combined with particles of dust, it provides the ideal environment for mold infestation.Therefore, moisture and dust are what causes black dust surrounding your air vents.Black Dust Around Air Vents Have lived in same house for 30 years – should I try and see another authorized person. Won't buy another Ford. White dust on the dash The dust is a direct result of the air conditioning’s evaporator flaking off small pieces. Do you air out the vents after using AC? by Barry Stone | Jun 10, 2014 | Other, Technical Issues | 1 comment, The House Detective:  by Barry Stone, Certified Home Inspector, Dear Barry:Ever since we installed wood flooring, we notice little white granules on the floor every morning. This dust is not all that uncommon. He said the system was OK. We’re tired of vacuuming every day and are worried that this might be a health risk. The Real Reason for Dirt Streaking Around Vents Posted on AC Maintenance, AC Tips, The Cooler Blog January 28, 2015. The aluminum oxide could be the problem but the question would be why wouldn't we all have that problem? If the duct liner is the source of the black dust, it should be replaced right away, as the particles could be dangerous if inhaled. With the heating season just starting here we have just noticed tiny white/gray flakes flying out of all the exhaust vents, settling on window sills and furniture. Man...it is strange that no one else is having this issue...why me? This lets more dust settle and build up in the return ductwork. It was installed in basement with new metal ducts (exterior fiberglass insulation), metal lined return air and lined output plenum - horizontal furnace. I put it on max for a few seconds and it went away and never come back. White dust coming out of my vents? I brought the car into Richmond Lexus and they gave me an assessment of a $3000 bill (replacement of the evaporator). I don't know where it came from though. I called Toyota and the rep said it is just oxidation build up and is not harmful. Dear Joan: If the white granules are coming from the heating system, this could be the symptom of a serious defect in your furnace. Brown particles blowing out if my AC vents. The more dust you see, the bigger the problem you have. Quite honestly...the car stays pretty humid (even in the super cold), if it is not on. 227 satisfied customers. Seems to occur more from one vent. If not that, maybe some other fluid that may have gone through the filter or bypassed it. (that's why it's everywhere instead of just in certain places). The white powdery stuff is just by products of the moisture in the air. Now the white dust could be aluminum oxide, or aluminum rust, as the fins break down. I think most of it was caused by dust and the fact that the people smoked. When I would first hit the "max" button to get the car cooled down faster a few particles could be seen coming out right away and then seemingly nothing. The evaporator is made of tubes covered with aluminum fins. Your a/c is shooting out cold air and it is reacting with the hot air in the house. To do this, you should place filters inside the air registers where the problem is occurring. What do you recommend? Black particles coming out of the ducts is a common customer concern. It is well-known that moisture is produced by air conditioners. Setting your AC on a very low temperature can sometimes lead to mold around the vents.When the cool air from the vents meets the warm air in the room, the temperature difference can cause moisture in the air to condense on surfaces in and around the vents. In many cases, the HVAC system is not the source. Over time[15 years] the foam was falling apart and would crumble when you touch it. If white particles show up on the filters, the furnace is the source of the problem. Known today as “America’s House Detective,” Barry advises readers from coast to coast about home inspection and real estate disclosure, providing honest clarity, fresh wit, consumer protection, and even-handed fairness in his responses to real estate questions. Disclaimer: Information in questions, answers, and other posts on this site ("Posts") comes from individual users, not JustAnswer; JustAnswer is not responsible for Posts. And the answer is... well no one has an answer that everyone believes. Tired of the white dust That truck had two electric motors that change from hot and cold air and from vents, floor, and defrost. We recently had it in for service on the generator. Smells horrible and yet mechanic can find nothing wrong. I have had this coach for 18 months and 13,000 miles. Your a/c is shooting out cold air and it is reacting with the hot air in the house. Combined with dust particles, this small quantity of water provides the perfect ground for mold infestation. We previously had white carpet, so we never noticed this before. Determine if the HVAC system is really the source. I have a Maytag 95% condensing furnace model PGFITE120CVC that is 1year old and has about 100 hours on it. Should Buyers Attend Their Home Inspection? When I would first hit the "max" button to get the car cooled down faster a few particles could be seen coming out right away and then seemingly nothing. Examine the blower fan and motor for signs of dust as well as the furnace controls. There is an abundant of white particles, similar to dust blowing out of the A/C vents. Almost like something got spilled down the defroster vents and is somehow in the blower area. We have been around since 2009 and don't plan to go anywhere anytime soon. It expands and gets all the crud off the condenser/coils then drips back out the drain tube. White sparkling powder comes out and covers the dash. CARspec’s heard multiple explanations as to why the evaporator does this: the protective coating on the evaporator flakes off, the evaporator’s aluminum corrodes, etc. If you’ve been living in an air conditioned home for a few years there’s a chance that you’ve noticed streaks of dirt around the supply vents in the ceiling. A web search will show that many car forums have people with the same problem as yours. ... We have a dog poop smell that comes out of the air vents in our Toyota FJ. taco57, Jul 1, ... 6500K White (Pack of 2) Featuring America's Home Inspector: Nationally Syndicated Columnist. The best way to prevent this black soot from circulating into your home is to upgrade to an air filter with a … Just had a authorized person to check my forced air system and he has said nothing wrong with my system. Black mold has a distinctive unpleasant, musty smell. With this small amount of water is combined with particles of dust, it provides the ideal environment for mold infestation. White dust on my hardwood floors coming I suspect from heat vents. I had them change my filter and went on my way... 2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver. Multiple Toyota and Lexus models suffer from a buildup of white dust on the dash. A really old unit might house an old or disintegrated air filter. I brought the car into Richmond Lexus and they gave me an assessment of a $3000 bill (replacement of the evaporator). With the heating season just starting here we have just noticed tiny white/gray flakes flying out of all the exhaust vents, settling on window sills and furniture. Depending on where they are, the ducts could be pulling in dust from your attic or possibly the basement. Here are some lessons learned on addressing complaints. Wow, thanks for the input guys. I believe they are styrofoam. The bits vary in size from dust-sized particles to chunks that are about the size of the head of a pin, but 3-D, so you only very rarely actually see one drift down, but you can easily see them collect on the pale wood of my desk. The combustion exhaust in a furnace is acidic. You air vent is not closing properly and too much of outside air is mixing with your cold air, or your aircon coil is really dirty and lots of water condensation in you aircon system. Terrible smell coming from vents with ac or heat, not all the time. Dear Joan:  If the white granules are coming from the heating system, this could be the symptom of a serious defect in your furnace. The most of them come out in the rear AC vents, but some come out up front, and to a lesser degree the vents in the center of the motorhome.

Ep Armory Lower Review, Ragnarok Classic Archer Job Change, Quietest 9mm Pistol, Best Skin Tightening Cream For Stomach After Weight Loss, Tasteful Selections Potatoes Expiration Date, National Gardening Exercise Day, Bully Pulpit Examples,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.